OHM Burn Time Calculator 2.32

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: topper0710

This MFD can calculate your burntime in different situations.
To this, there are several autoburnprograms:

- Circulate orbit on Periapsis / Apoapsis
- Intercept Target (for example, the ISS)
- Burn for dV change on Countdown
- Simple tuturial included for high speed ISS-Intercepting (thanks to Kaito for helping me)
- New interface (inputbox) added for inputting vars
- Some other little changes...

The MFD is also showing you the data of the engine you have selected, for example fuel flow rate, current vehicle mass, post burn mass, and much more...

Look at this "amatuer" video to see it's skills:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C8Ts_3FBLA

[Update 2.32]
Fixed a small calculation error on the target intercept mode
code clean up

[Update 2.31]
MFD- Button "ST" has been made visible again.

[Update 2.3]
Merging of the functions, documents and scenarios of the 2.0 and the 2.2 version.

[Update 2.2]
CTD fixed by using the dragonfly / a vessel without engines

[Update 2.1]

The total dV, dS and dT would now always be calculated correct for the selected engine, even if you have more fuel ressources for different engines.

Only the valid fuel ressource for the selected engine would be used for further calculations, so the value "emty mass" in the MFD means the mass of the vehicle, if the propellant of the selected engine is empty (it's not longer the value if ALL propellants are emty!!!)

Thanks to the authors before me:

David Henderson
Chris Jeppesen
kwan3217

DOWNLOAD

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
Very nice, mate. One thing though - you shouldn't be including .ncb file in your release :)

Submariner

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this works in Orbiter 2010 build 100606?

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Back up Orbiter then try it and see?

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yet it somehow does in 2010-P1 :p

Axel

Drive Technician
Reaction score
Very usefull addon!

Last edited:

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
This MFD is a great help. I don't know a more efficient way to lower your eccentricity and find out the remaining dv of a vessel.

But one big thing that keeps me from using it currently is that in all my Orbiter installations that I ever had somehow vessels just "stop" to move (stay at the same position in Orbit and Map MFD) at high time accelerations when using the MFD. Would be nice if anyone could check if he has the same bug...

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm delighted to see the update, will check. BTW in the past few months I've noticed that the mode, target, offset and dV aren't saved with the scenario. It was not much of a nuisance, yet seeing this opportunity would like to submit this request, if possible.

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Oh damm i've used older sources for creating this release so some functions of the 2.0 release where missed :-(, so in 2.2 it's not possible to enter a target vessel by the right way.

I will match them again in the next release again.

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'm delighted to see the update, will check. BTW in the past few months I've noticed that the mode, target, offset and dV aren't saved with the scenario. It was not much of a nuisance, yet seeing this opportunity would like to submit this request, if possible.

Ok 2.3 is still released.

Wishbone, I will see if i have the time but if yes, then i prefer to create a comlete new version of these add on, because the code is a bit confused after so many years and there is now reasonable class structure :).

But i hope it works fine for you now and do it's job.

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It works fine, a few clicks every now and then don't hurt. However, if you're up to do the revamping would be great if
a) Martin enabled HUD drawing from within MFDs :),
b) you took the Intercept code from Precession MFD (based on KOST calculations) and made rendezvous burn dV auto-calculated,
c) ditto for the rendezvous burn direction.

An alternative to b) and c) would be establishing an IPC link between our add-ons, with Precession feeding the dV (for starters) to BTC.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

A critical issue with 2.3: ST (Set Target) button has vanished. The 2.3 is thus unusable.

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

A critical issue with 2.3: ST (Set Target) button has vanished. The 2.3 is thus unusable.

Oh yes thank you, you are right i havn't noticed that!
But you can still press "shift + s" to set the target, only the button is missing, but i will create a fix release soon ;-)

---------- Post added 03-01-11 at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was 02-28-11 at 11:42 PM ----------

The button is back :cheers:

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

i've just found another calculation error in the "interception mode" (when you set at target how it is descripted in the attached tuturial), so the vessel was stoping to early / to late.
I've just released the fixed version 2.32.
I hope this release will work perfect :)

Last edited:

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
One of the most useful MFDs of all time.

Thank you for updating.

NomenDubium

Reaction score
Hello.
I downloaded ver.2.32 of the Burn Time Calculator (BTC) to use in Oribiter 2006 P-1. I have the older v1.42. When I went to Orbiter and de-activated the old module and activated the new and entered the scenario, the module would not appear as a selection in the MFD screen. I exited, de-activated and re-activated the new version module several times and upon entering any scenario, the BTC would not show up for me to select. Can you help me figure out why? Your posting in Orbiter Hanger shows that it's for Orbiter 060929 which is what I am using. I would appreciate your help.