Bush: worst president ever

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
toddhisattva: Is your knowledge about the events good enough to express your opinion without resorting to strong language and open insults?

For example: Do you know what the USA did in Persia/Iran in the last century? Which explains why Carter was president at a really bad time and why his replacement Reagan did get even more bruises during dealing with it. ;)

Belisarius

Obsessed with reality. Why?
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It's a ocean-landing that's the baseline now. Land-landing is for contigency abort cases only.

Land-landings were removed from the baseline during the weight scrubbing efforts on Orion.

I agree with the above (about Constellation, not the drivel about Carter). It's as if there is a conspiracy in NASA to make the ugliest, clunkiest bird possible for the most possible money.

Usonian

Historic Ship & Base Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Iran wasn't ours (or Carter's) to give away to anyone.

It was 53 hostages (not hundreds). Eight American service men and several innocent Iranian civilians died in an abortive rescue attempt - a funny way to "let Iran hold" the hostages.

I would say Carter was honest and utterly ineffective - a bad President, but far from the worst.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I think Carter was well better AFTER he left office, but his politics are also not really bad, compared to the alternatives. Giving the Iran Pahlavi would have damaged the USA more in the worst case: Pahlavi could have told some interesting aspects of how the USA helped him, which are still unknown.

Stopping the revolution by force and send many US soldiers to Iran would also have been a pretty stupid idea. Guess which other super power bordered directly to Iran?

And his oil resource policies had been more oil industry friendly as many remember today. The US industry did just not react to the impulses. The question why can be asked. Many things you now take for granted (for example the DOE) in the US had been created by Carter in reaction of the OPEC actions.

Native Son

Reaction score
This thread is so stupid.

"Smell the flowers while you can."

retro

Reaction score
Hes better than any democrap period,and i mean democrap
who in the white house BUSH BUSH BUSH

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
hmmm... we seem to have found a quite efficient way to attract new members...:dry:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
hmmm... we seem to have found a quite efficient way to attract new members...:dry:

I think we can attract even more new members, if we would mention the words "Bush", "Pretzel" and "Accident" in one post. :lol:

Too bad they don't show interest in Orbiter, but instead declare that they will elect GW Bush in the next elections. :dry: The intelligence of Youtube meets Orbiter...

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Well, to W's credit he's bankrupted every business he's been involved with (except his illustrious baseball team) so at least he's consistent.

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain."

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Well, to W's credit he's bankrupted every business he's been involved with (except his illustrious baseball team) so at least he's consistent.

But the USA are not bankrupt. Yet. ;)

Usonian

Historic Ship & Base Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hes better than any democrap period,and i mean democrap
who in the white house BUSH BUSH BUSH

Now I feel compelled to grant toddhisattva at least one of his points - Carter's Education Department does seem to have done some damage.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
When the U.S. goes bankrupt, so does the rest of the world.

Bless my lucky stars....we're doing OK. :beach:

Not really automatically, but it will be at least VERY painful. And not in the interest of any friendly nation to the US. I think most trade partners of the US are not amused by the latest fiscal events in them.

But today, you can still say: When the USA coughs, the world gets a cold.

New stuff from the local department of indoctrination *evil smile*:

German cabaret with English subtitles:

(Part 2)
(Part 3)
(Part 4)
(Part 5)

Last edited: