Question Camera MFD - docking cam

swede

Reaction score
I have tried to install the CameraMFD to use it as a docking camera ad place it inside the docking port on the Shuttle, but without any luck.

I have put the cameraMFD.dll file in the Modules\Plugin. I have activate the cameraMFD in the Launch Pad, Module tab.

But after that I'm a bit confused. The cameras position needs to be correctly established i the vessels config file as described in the Readme file that followed the installation. I have used the default two lines (cambay and cambose) for test purposes. After that I'm stuck.

How to get it to work in the shuttle? Anyone that has done this and can help me?

Swede

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
This is what I've done...
Open up Camera MFD in the cockpit of whatever craft you are flying, once you check out the menus you'll see that you can reposition the camera anywhere on the vessel you want (wing, nose, tail, etc.). You can pan in any direction, as well as an night view (looks sort of like FLIR).
No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to position the camera EXACTLY where I want, to get the view I'm wanting... So I wind up using an astronaut gone EVA to "spot" for me.

Keep in mind I'm not very good with Shuttle yet. I've used my method for a URMS equipped XR-2 and ShuttleA.

swede

Reaction score
This is what I've done...
Open up Camera MFD in the cockpit of whatever craft you are flying

Thanks, but my problem is that I don't know how to open up the Camera MFD. I've tried every keystroke and menu without any Camera MFD showing up.

Swede

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Correction! I've just found the Camera MFD now, but it says that it's unavailable. So there is still something wrong. It turned out that I did not see that there was two Mode select pages. Just an extra click and page two turned up.

But why is the Camera MFD not available? Something I've missed in the istallation process?

Swede

Nemoricus

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Did you enable it in the Modules tab of the Orbiter launchpad?

swede

Reaction score
Yes. After some research it seems like it now work in the Shuttle Fleet, but not in Atlantis. Don't know why. Only thing left is to change the cameras position permanently to the docking port.

Swede

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Are you using CameraMFD? What you are trying to accomplish may be easier with [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=1277"]CamControl v0.3[/ame]

swede

Reaction score
Are you using CameraMFD? What you are trying to accomplish may be easier with CamControl v0.3

Yes, Im using CameraMFD. I did not know about Camcontrol. Thanks! I just downloaded it. That works quite well. A lot faster and easier than CameraMFD. It would be nice to be able to save a camera position, but that might come in a later version.

It's easy though to move the camera to a certain position (ex. docking tunnel facing upwards) before docking and still have the generic cockpit with the MFD's.

Thanks!!

Swede

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Why bother in the shuttle fleet? That has it's own docking cam view