News China Eastern Airlines Boeing 737-800 flight #MU5735 crash

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The vertical rate looks too familiar....but this wasn't a MAX. Weird.

Catastrophic failure of the trim system?

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I have never seen a plane fall down like that. This was surreal. Hope there is a transparent investigation

I'm pretty sure we'll know, because Boeing and the NTSB are obviously involved... now it will take time, as every investigation does. Not sure if the flight recorders will be of any use : those things are designed to take 50Gs, but maybe this case is even beyond that threshold...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I'm pretty sure we'll know, because Boeing and the NTSB are obviously involved... now it will take time, as every investigation does. Not sure if the flight recorders will be of any use : those things are designed to take 50Gs, but maybe this case is even beyond that threshold...

Even after the pentagon attack, there was at least some data still readable on one of the recorders.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Even after the pentagon attack, there was at least some data still readable on one of the recorders.

Agreed, those things often prove to be extremely hard to destroy completely... we'll see.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Agreed, those things often prove to be extremely hard to destroy completely... we'll see.

Its a morbid advantage if you can turn over 100 humans into mangled meat before the recorders have to deal with the remaining kinetic energy. But the other way around wouldn't save a single life, while the recorders save future lives.