Congratulations to our norwegian members :)

JEL

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jelstudio.dk
It's [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_Constitution_Day"]norway's constitution day[/ame] today, may 17th, and they have parades in almost any corner of the globe to celebrate it.

Here's a video of one of them:
http://bambuser.com/v/2652295

Later today there will also be one in New York (and other places also)

Congratulations ("gratulerer med dagen") to our norwegian members :tiphat: :cheers:

(From ballard, Seattle, in 2010)
800px-Syttende_Mai%2C_Ballard%2C_Seattle%2C_2010-3.jpg

Last edited:

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
:cheers:

(BTW, booked my Cologne -> Oslo flight for this summer a few days ago. Can't wait to return, my last time was in 2007.)

asbjos

tuanibrO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thank you! I didn't know you knew it. :cheers: A little correction, it's not our independence day (which is 7th of June), it is our constitution, which was signed on this very day 198 years ago in 1814.
Here's a wave for you from Norway, with the royal palace in the background. Hipp, hipp, hurra!
Oslo-May-17th-2005.jpg

JEL

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jelstudio.dk
I didn't know you knew it.

For me it was the way so many of the people dress in traditional norwegian outfits on this day, that originally caught my attention to it and fascinated me about it :) That's years ago now, and I try to see the parades every year when possible (mostly thanks to NRK1 ;) ). I think it's a very cool tradition norway has there :)

A little correction, it's not our independence day (which is 7th of June), it is our constitution, which was signed on this very day 198 years ago in 1814.

I corrected the original post with your info :)

And then I did a little quick-study to brush up on my knowledge. I wasn't aware that norway was under sweden until june 7th 1905 (the independence day you mention). I always thought it was denmark you kicked out of norway :lol:

It's actually fascinating how well these 3 countries get along today, considering their long history of battle and war in the old days :)