Problem CPU reboot at Load screen Orbiter16

creature

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Small update

I updated my Nviida driver to 431.60. No change. works fine in full screen under NG.exe

still no joy with windowed mode or the normal orbiter.exe

Treetop64

Reaction score
Lets be clear here, there should be no way for userland code in Win10 to cause a system reset. This is almost certainly hardware related.

Absolutely agree.

Was having a similar issue a few months ago where anything that asked more of the GPU (graphics intensive games, etc) resulted in a system reboot.

Also noticed later that a red LED on the motherboard indicating a memory issue was on when the computer was turned off.

Turns out that all I had to do was simply re-seat the DIMM and video cards. Started up and the problem hasn't occurred since, and the LED is off.

Lucky that's all it was though, and not an actual hardware issue.

CuriousMarc

Reaction score
I have a similar issue where Orbiter16 will boot in full screen, but crash in windowed mode (but thankfully not reboot the machine). That's on Win7. Also NVIDIA graphics.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Small update

I updated my Nviida driver to 431.60. No change. works fine in full screen under NG.exe

still no joy with windowed mode or the normal orbiter.exe

If the issue persists after you try Frilock's recommendation, there is a fairly decent chance that there is a physical problem with your hardware. There's still a chance that it might be a big that NVidia hasn't patched yet, or maybe an OS bug, but the odds that it is hardware related go up significantly at this point.

---------- Post added at 18:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

I have a similar issue where Orbiter16 will boot in full screen, but crash in windowed mode (but thankfully not reboot the machine). That's on Win7. Also NVIDIA graphics.

The lack of a reboot makes the issue significantly different. It's much more likely to be an Orbiter issue, somewhat less likely to be a driver issue, and much, much, much less likely to be a hardware issue than the OP. You should post a separate thread to make sure that it gets proper attention.

CuriousMarc

Reaction score
If the issue persists after you try Frilock's recommendation, there is a fairly decent chance that there is a physical problem with your hardware. There's still a chance that it might be a big that NVidia hasn't patched yet, or maybe an OS bug, but the odds that it is hardware related go up significantly at this point.

---------- Post added at 18:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

The lack of a reboot makes the issue significantly different. It's much more likely to be an Orbiter issue, somewhat less likely to be a driver issue, and much, much, much less likely to be a hardware issue than the OP. You should post a separate thread to make sure that it gets proper attention.

And when using the D3D9 client and orbiter_ng instead of the regular orbiter, everything is fine both windowed and full screen mode.