Vessel Crewed Starship and Moonship ft. BrianJ

Jeremyxxx

Reaction score
Even though there is a current addon by BrianJ simulating the Starship test flights and a hypothetical simulation of Starship cargo missions, I have thought of an idea of simulating a Crewed Starship and Moonship on scenarios including a manned mission to Mars, the simulated construction of the AI SpaceFactory Mars dome houses via animation and vessel spawning and several Mars rovers with scoops, as detailed in this hypothetical Time lapse video.

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi,
yes, there's potential for a lot of interesting add-ons to be built for Orbiter in this direction. Regarding my "Starship" add-on, I'm still doing "hops" and trying to get the landing a bit more reliable! I do plan to do a "Tanker" variant soon, and then make a start on some kind of re-entry autopilot/guidance. Maybe I should do a "Passenger" variant before starting on the re-entry stuff (I'm not much good at internal cockpits though). I like the video's "hoist" idea for payload deployment at Mars/wherever. I hope ChrisRowland won't mind me mentioning that he was building a stand-alone SuperHeavy booster, which would be useful for launching Starship variants/other spacecraft. And of course there is francisdrake's "Moonship" that has its own SuperHeavy booster.
It would be fun to also have the ground vehicles and base modules/living quarters necessary for colonising Mars or Moon!
And I have this idea, if I can get both parts of Starship/SuperHeavy back to base, of making the cranes required to re-stack and re-use them. But progress is slow - the more developers that get into making this stuff, the better.
Cheers,
Brian

barrygolden

Reaction score
Might be time to look at putting crew into a Star ship might think about using the Dragon 2 VC with the Deep Space hab but you would need to put the windows from the Dragon above the crews head

Marg

Reaction score
I have a bit of anomaly with starship (by BJones), when in launches (pressing V), ir moves with launch pad\tower, rocket leaves - goes upwards, but pad continues to move eastwards (towards the gulf)? It's Orbiter 2016.

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I have a bit of anomaly with starship (by BJones), when in launches (pressing V), ir moves with launch pad\tower, rocket leaves - goes upwards, but pad continues to move eastwards (towards the gulf)? It's Orbiter 2016.
Hi,
do you have AttachmentManager enabled in your modules tab. If yes, disable it.
Brian