New Release D3D9Client Development

Marg

Reaction score
"material editor in the D3D9Client debug controls"
sorry, but what is this? I cannot find this editor...

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
"material editor in the D3D9Client debug controls"
sorry, but what is this? I cannot find this editor...
Press Ctrl-F4 to bring up the Custom Functions dialog, select the D3D9Client debug controls from there.

Felix24

Reaction score
Please try this in NormalMap.fx and Mesh.fx if weirdness occurs when adding _refl maps. Make sure your _refl map has an alpha channel containing a grayscale copy of the reflection color.

Edit: The bug occurs when you try to add a _refl map. When a _refl map is present, the code loads the _spec map whether or not it exists, instead of using the _refl map.

PHP:
#if defined(_ENVMAP)

if (gEnvMapEnable) {

//      if (gUseRefl) cRefl = tex2D(SpecS, frg.tex0);
        if (gUseRefl) cRefl = tex2D(ReflS, frg.tex0);                                                        
        else           cRefl = gMtrl.reflect;

float fresnel = gMtrl.fresnel.x + gMtrl.fresnel.y * pow(1.0f-saturate(dot(CamW, nrmW)), gMtrl.fresnel.z);

cRefl.rgb = cRefl.rgb * (1.0f - fresnel) + fresnel;        // Multiply with refraction term and add reflection

cTex.rgb *= (1.0f - cRefl.a);                         // Attennuate Diffuse Texture    
        cTot.rgb += cRefl.rgb * texCUBE(EnvMapS, reflect(-CamW, nrmW)).rgb;                    
    }
#endif
Thanks for all your hard work, Jarmo. I wouldn't even think of using Orbiter without D3D9.

Last edited:

rstr

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
>>> D3D9Client R10 is now online <<<

Dear Jarmo,
this is a brief note that the recent D3D9ClientR10 release also works like a charm :thumbup: even in a 3D-stereoscopic 3-monitor-widescreen environment (note: 5760x1080 resolution at 120 Hz with "True Full Screen" mode setting on a dual GTX480 SLI-connected GPU and 3 Acer GD245HQ).

What a great achievement to Orbiter you've contributed (and kudos also to any co-contributors / testers / ... involved in the D3D9Client) !! :tiphat:

As the published stable release is like "mission accomplished", I'd like to publically venture the idea of recognizing your work by a voluntary financial donation to you and your co-contributors by all enthusiastic D3D9Client users (e.g. via Paypal).

Thanks again for your work - Rob

Last edited:

pappy2

Reaction score
Hi all,
and congratulations for your great work : Thumbup:
I have a small problem and not being English I hope you understand me anyway.

2012 V7 with NASSP and installation D3D9Client R10_RC1 I on page launch Orbiter 2010 P1 this message appears:
Warning: config folder not present in / modules / Server /. Create a symbolic links
Can you tell me what I should do?

"jarmovik" Again hats off to this great work : Tiphat:
@ Pappy2

Astronut25

Reaction score
Open Orbiter_ng
select "Video" tab
select "Advanced"
click on "Create symbolic links"

Assuming you're file system is NTFS, this will solve that problem.

pappy2

Reaction score
Thank you "astronut25" now it is OK to the message disappeared.
I have another question:
Following your remark "Ripley": "..... D3D9Client R10_RC1 is old. R10 Get final ...."
For now I've downloaded four versions:
D3D9Client R10
D3D9Client R10_RC1
D3D9Client R10_RC2
Can you tell me what name it bears the final version?
Confirm the download link?

Thank you in advance to all
GOOD FLIGHT
@ + Pappy2

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Thank you "astronut25" now it is OK to the message disappeared.
I have another question:
Following your remark "Ripley": "..... D3D9Client R10_RC1 is old. R10 Get final ...."
For now I've downloaded four versions:
D3D9Client R10
D3D9Client R10_RC1
D3D9Client R10_RC2
Can you tell me what name it bears the final version?
Confirm the download link?

Thank you in advance to all
GOOD FLIGHT
@ + Pappy2

D3D9Client R10 is final release.

Marg

Reaction score
Actually, I think what to do now...
D3D9 RC10 is installed, it works quite OK. I edited material of EMU visor - Oh, shuttle bay+satellite reflections - amazing!
Only, most of the meshes are "clipped", or maybe not clipped, but unrendered, so interior of ship is seen, or satellite can be seen through. Changing camera orientation changes this, rendering happens, so hole is closed. I suppose it`s because of material settings ( I edited something in materials and not changing angle, mesh became rendered)? Must be they changed in editor? And where settings are saved. Maybe separate installation of Orbiter is needed for D3D9?
Or maybe something is wrong with my Orbiter? I tried mostlyAMSO+shuttle fleet.
And yes what about "_bump"? In some previous version I just copied some gold foil.dds files - adding _bump so foils really had this bump effect, now they`re black (if viewed from most angles, except when grey "bump" reflections can be seen).

Last edited:

pappy2

Reaction score
D3D9Client R10 is final release.

Thank you very much,
I currently work with NASSP
the reflection of the earth or the moon on the Apollo CM is it possible?
and if yes how to activate it?
my setup:
VISTA 64-bit SP2
Intel Core Duo CPU [email protected]
4.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS
Allows it to render with reflection?

@ + Pappy2

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
You open d3d9 debug window, choose proper vessel/mesgroup and play with material editor included in d3d9 debug window. Then you can save material however depending on particular mesh specular map may need to be created to limit reflection to certain elements.

Feel free to experiment (I recomend experimenting on clone orbiter install)

pappy2

Reaction score
You open d3d9 debug window, choose proper vessel/mesgroup and play with material editor included in d3d9 debug window. Then you can save material however depending on particular mesh specular map may need to be created to limit reflection to certain elements.

Feel free to experiment (I recomend experimenting on clone orbiter install)

Thank you very much for your answers
good Flights : Thumbup:
and good Weekend

Kendo

Reaction score
Loru, will this setting apply to other computers or is it only specific to mine. For example, if I make an addon with a saved reflection to a particular part etc, will this show on other computers. Also, presumably to apply these to a mesh only, without textures, I would need to do it manually using the actual mesh settings using notepad for example.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
actually I'm not sure - i haven't investigated reflections and specular map yet. That's question to jarmonik and onthers.

Felix24

Reaction score
And yes what about "_bump"? In some previous version I just copied some gold foil.dds files - adding _bump so foils really had this bump effect, now they`re black (if viewed from most angles, except when grey "bump" reflections can be seen).

This might fix the problem of foils being black. Open the file NormalMap.fx (located at Modules\D3D9Client\NormalMap.fx), and search for the line

if (gUseRefl) cRefl = tex2D(SpecS, frg.tex0);

and replace it with

if (gUseRefl) cRefl = tex2D(ReflS, frg.tex0);

Do the same thing with the file Mesh.fx, which is in the same directory, and then restart Orbiter.

Edit: Sorry, iI was thinking of the wrong problem. Move along.

Last edited: