Delta-glider EX .scn saving error

Whatu

Interplanetary Stowaway
Reaction score
So, I finally set up a series of scenarios to begin my station building.
The scenario I was currently playing consisted on a DeltagliderEX mounted in a Energia Rocket. Also, a Universal Cargo Deck and URMS attached to the DGEX. And the payload put in the ucd.

Everything works well while playing, however, when I first reach orbit I want to save the scenario to have the intermediate steps in the mission saved.

Saving through scn editor, or using quick save, causes a CTD.
The scenario file is saved until the point the game crashes, and here its whats displaying:

[...]

Artemis:Well-Artemis
STATUS Orbiting Earth
RPOS 5029487.00 480825.83 4350205.44
RVEL -5066.820 412.226 5817.809
AROT 3.94 40.72 88.44
VROT -0.07 -0.00 -0.00
ATTACHED 2:0,ucd
NAVFREQ 0 0
END
pma:Well-pma
STATUS Orbiting Earth
RPOS 5029482.32 480826.07 4350209.33
AROT -173.67 49.26 -88.19
VROT -0.07 -0.00 0.00
ATTACHED 2:1,ucd
NAVFREQ 0 0
END
exnergy:DeltaGliderEX
STATUS Orbiting Earth
RPOS 5029486.24 480825.76 4350204.79
AROT 3.94 40.72 88.44
VROT -0.07 -0.00 -0.00
PRPLEVEL 0:0.783 1:0.981
NAVFREQ 0 0
XPDR 0
NOSECONE 0 0.0000
GEAR 0 0.0000
AIRLOCK 0 0.0000
BAY 0 0.0000
AIRB 0 0.0000
LNAV 0
LCOL 0
LSTRB 0
LLDG 0
DOCK -656176929
PAYL 0
SKIN #7ã"Ö@í¤ñÔr)@j
y'î1]>ÓqøÙY—@r„"»Ò`@}‰Rø?•\>f�îÎaÆÿ?M/`ª¢/|@x•±¹\˜[>¤Ù$– @ø’˜0’©j@vaë[>’BO'Ûg@¿ŠmÜ3x@N™\¬T¬Y>€…Þ¤÷ù?m°ÁÙánv@L
ã-Y>ÃXí”)@•”¨ S@å+Úís™X>gIGµÉA@Ö— ¤oÆ€@Ë{·úW>F¹§2Í@á5„³ÏÉF@PÌO ÃW>ηӛú @2›ôG}@|´V^U>“è»*‘@ÎÄV‚¬NS@¬S¢$¶S>+RÍ„~Öë?߈ãØ
TRIM 0.289

What I can guess, is that there some kind of trouble when saving the SKIN parameter or something...

What can be a possible cause for this? Maybe a faulty addon?

Please, any kind of help will be appreciated...
Just when I get my "building enviroment" of choice, this weird thing appears and kills my smile :mad::(
I attach the original scenario Im playing, in case thats any help. (several addons needed to make it work)

Many thanks in advance to whoever helps me :)

Attachments

• _B) EX-101 a) Artemis-pma Launch.scn
    6 KB · Views: 3

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I looks like the in-memory variable that contains that "SKIN" string value is uninitialized, and so when the DeltaGliderEX writes that value out to the scenario file you get a bunch of garbage characters. Are you sure the scenario you posted is the same one causing the problem? It is acting like your scenario file has a line like this:

Code:
SKIN

...when it should either not have the 'SKIN' line or it should look like this:

Code:
SKIN MyCustomSkin

...where MyCustomSkin is the name of the skin you want to load.

Now, if your 'SKIN' line in your scenario is correct or if you don't have a 'SKIN' line in your scenario (as it appears you do not), then it likely means that something is corrupting the ship's DLL's memory and trashing the custom skin variable memory, making the ship think it has a custom skin when it does not. However, you would likely get CTD's if that was the case.

If all else fails, try a standard troubleshooting approach:

1. Install a clean Orbiter instance.
2. Install the DeltaGliderEX.
3. Run your test.
4. If that works, install one of your add-ons that you were running before.
5. Repeat steps 3-4 until the problem occurs.

That will pin down the problem add-on. Remember that any add-on can corrupt memory, so this is not necessarily a bug in the DeltaGliderEX.

Whatu

Interplanetary Stowaway
Reaction score
Thanks Doug!

Adding the missing "SKIN" parameter to the initial scenario seems to work.

And let me explain why it wasnt there. When I finnished putting everything in the scenario for the first time, I did a save. Then, when loading to see if everything was correctly saved, everything was fine except the DGex was untextured. I closed orbiter and looked at the scenario file, and there was this garbage on the SKIN line. (though that time id didnt CTD when saving, dunno why).

I erased the SKIN line and the scenario worked, but ctd when saving.

I was thinking that if orbiter didnt find the SKIN line i had just erased, it will generate a new one, but I see thats not the case.

Hopefully the issue is solved and this afternoon I can begin my station building :lol:

Thanks again!! :cheers:

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Ah, from what you are describing it appears that the DeltaGliderEX requires that a 'SKIN' line be present in the scenario, which is unusual -- most ships have a default skin that is loaded in the absence of a custom 'SKIN' parameter. Technically the CTD is caused by a bug in the ship's DLL since a missing line in a scenario file should never cause a CTD (nor write garbage characters when the ship is saved). This will be very easy for the ship's author to fix, so you may want to drop him a polite email or PM letting him know about the bug.

In any case, have fun station building! :cheers:

Schimz

Reaction score
Strange.
The vessel is constructed with the default skin, then customised in clbkLoadStateEx.
In clbkSaveState, if no custom skin, it saves the default skin.
SKIN line empty maybe ?

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I agree that sounds like the problem -- that would also explain the "no texture" that the user was seeing (which is not be a bug -- it would occur because the SKIN line was present but no texture file was specified). That could also explain why the skin value was uninitialized when it was written to the scenario file.