News DeltagliderEX

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Sigh. I wish people would read.

My limited coding knowledge also includes 3D mesh modeling.
You guys want a short pointed fairing, be my guest. Or you can always sub in the other fairing that comes with JupiterIII.
I got the thing to use the velcro module, which in my opinion is a lot easier to work with then multistage when you want to change something.
I'm pointing out that the thing is very much aerodynamic. "Small and compact" I can understand, but a large flat plate is going to cause a lot of drag, and doesn't really look right.

ghostrunner01

Reaction score
I made my own version of a DG-EX launcher. The boosters are sort of unrealistic :). But it gets the job done nicely!
Its a vertical launcher and has 4 DG-EX booster rockets (Energia booster mesh).

[ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4981"]http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4981[/ame]

Schimz

Reaction score
HI,Schimz, I am getting an occasional CTD, with the new Beta version in orbiter2010P1
Code:
>>> WARNING: Obsolete API function used: oapiRegisterMFDMode
---------------------------------------------------------------
>>> ERROR: Missing texture: DeltaGliderEX\DGex_strobe.dds
>>> ERROR: Missing texture: DeltaGliderEX\DGex_strobe2.dds
>>> ERROR: Missing texture: DeltaGliderEX\DGex_strobe3.dds
>>> ERROR: Missing texture: DeltaGliderEX\DGex_light.dds
>>> WARNING: Obsolete API function used: oapiGetStationCount
[/quote]
Errr.... weird. I didn't use [I]oapiRegisterMFDMode [/I]and the dds are no longer used, that's the textures for the old version (fake lights with engine exhausts). Also [I]oapiGetStationCount[/I] is a bug with old OrbiterSound dll (or any dll using it).
[QUOTE="Axel, post: 162343, member: 1806"]MAybe the reason are other addons, like aerobreak-MFD[/quote]
I think so 'cause I use warp*40 for years without problems

[QUOTE="Axel, post: 162343, member: 1806"]MY second helper is AutoHover.[/quote]
I didn't understand. You got CTD while using auto-hover ?

Anyway, I'll look close up tomorow. :cheers:

Last edited:

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
I'm pointing out that the thing is very much aerodynamic. "Small and compact" I can understand, but a large flat plate is going to cause a lot of drag, and doesn't really look right.
As I was saying that it looks as though the DGEX should be on top, the flat part looks the right size and shape to stick it on there.

Darren

Edit: It would be more aerodynamic with the DGEX on top, it'll smooth out that flat plate. :thumbup:

Axel

Drive Technician
Reaction score
@Schimz
Yes AeroBreak-MFD causes CTDs together with XR2, because its complex coding. The developer sayed that itself, that 2 complex coded vessels or addons running at same time can do that! Its a memory problem, when they use same area in RAM. Thats allthough the reason developers all time say "use it in a orbiter clean installation". DGEX is maybe complex coded too? Im not sure its your DGEX, its maybe orbiter or aerobreak-MFD.

I mean Auto-Hover-MFD, the original Orbiter AutoHover works fine.

Last edited:

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
As I was saying that it looks as though the DGEX should be on top, the flat part looks the right size and shape to stick it on there.

Darren

Edit: It would be more aerodynamic with the DGEX on top, it'll smooth out that flat plate. :thumbup:

I'm not sure sticking the DG on top is a good idea. The CG would move way far forward and the rocket could become unstable...

Axel

Drive Technician
Reaction score
I made UniversalCargoDeck4 support and a PowerHover/PowerAfterburner for DG-EX. Available at Orbithangar now.
This is particulary what some orbinauts want here, but no replacement for DG-EX main engine. :thumbup:
That i never want! But with some experience ofcourse you can edit it to that.

Ok i updated it with RCS, but it works only at translation mode, the Hover rotates only dettached from DGEX?! Has anybody an idea?

Last edited:

Interceptor

Reaction score
I found a graphics glitch whenever you use a repaint with DGEX,I don't know if this is the right place to post,but it happens with all the repaints.the front landing gear has no texture.Sorry I don't mean to be nit picky,just curious.Thanks

Attachments

• 10.12.08 14-31-07 GLex-02 Tex.jpg
    10.12.08 14-31-07 GLex-02 Tex.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 10.12.08 14-32-28 GLex-02 without Tex.jpg
    10.12.08 14-32-28 GLex-02 without Tex.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 93

Axel

Drive Technician
Reaction score
Yes i have this bug too! Same to the wing leds. I thought its an installation error, but at older screenshots of my DGEX is see this bug too. I guess the people who did made the skin did this bug or this area is just not reskinable. Maybe Schimz knows more?

Last edited:

Schimz

Reaction score
Yes, sorry.

If you can edit dds, you can repair your fav skin with the new default dds.

When gears will be finished, I will release a new paint kit.

jgrillo2002

Conservative Pioneer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Also I see an ugly emote smiley on the underbelly of the stock paint of the ship. its annoying

Carmen A

redneck kitten with pillow :3
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
v149th.yolasite.com
Dear Schimz, thank you for developing such a great addon. It takes skill to bring this spaceplane to orbit in the most efficient manner and I'm enjoying every bit of it.

I might do a repaint and a minor refit with RATO pack to boost it into orbit a wee bit quicker - right now my concern is the large amount of time spent in hypersonic flight creates very high hull temperature. If I'm able to loft the ship above atmosphere that would be more efficient :)

(This ship is now also used in OMP as a far-future airliner based in Texas.

Schimz

Reaction score
I'm enjoying every bit of it.
:tiphat:
right now my concern is the large amount of time spent in hypersonic flight creates very high hull temperature. If I'm able to loft the ship above atmosphere that would be more efficient :)
I also fly her mostly hypersonic. I never exceed M12 and I stay between 50/55km of alt.

(This ship is now also used in OMP as a far-future airliner based in Texas.
I didn't try OMP, anything particular with the DGex ?
I hope bringing 180'haulers into it :cheers:

Last edited:

Carmen A

redneck kitten with pillow :3
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
v149th.yolasite.com
The DG-EX takes off and lands very neatly on realistically sized runways. Some tricks are needed to get it off the ground using the same takeoff roll as a say, fully laden 747.

I imagine it is some sort of future hypersonic airliner.

Would you have any objections if I released a RATO loadout and perhaps a couple of repaints for it?

Although, repaints may be challenging as most of the hull texture is for the lower hull/heatshield...

IL2windhawk

Reaction score
Hiya Schmiz,

I'm having loads of fun with the DGex, now that I know how to key-activate the plasma engines in orbit. Thanks for helping me with that. While I'm thinking about it, I'll post a link to that old question on this thread, for other users to reference if needed:
http://orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=22938

--

found a bug. whenever I try to switch to the top docking port, I get a CTD.

Did you ever find the cause of this bug? It seems to trigger a CTD when I'm in external view mode and I retract the top hatch with the "O" key. It happens just about when the top doors close. Meanwhile, I'm trying to find ways to avoid the CTD. I'm not positively sure: but I think closing the hatch from the cockpit view might prevent a system crash.

Also - i have been tinkering with the D3D9 client, with which I have observed some unusual rendering of textures on the back-end of the DGex. I can post a screenshot if you'd like to see it.

Anyways... just trying to help you with more information from a user.
Great bird... I really love flying it.
:thumbup: