News DeltagliderEX

Scorpion_SK

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Cool! I have waiting the update of EX.
I have one request: Can you make a new version of DeltaGlider EX with UniversalMMU support?
And why removing docking buttons from panel?

Scorpion_SK

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
There were useless since Orbiter06 can handle multiports with DockingMFD.
Buttons must not replace the functionality of orbiter engine. But it must extend this functionality and makes it more comfortable to use. Clicking ports open buttons and undocking button by mouse is more comfortable and user friendly than pressing keyboard combinations like O, K, Ctrl+D and others.
Or if to continue your logic you can also remove the autopilot buttons like pro-grade, retro-grade normal + and - because orbiter also handles the autopilots by HUD buttons and keyboard keys. You can remove engine control scrolls because orbiter handles engine controls and you can press Ctrl+ Ctrl- on numpad for controling engines. And you can remove all control panels :speakcool: and leave the clear HUD and control the vessel with keyboard only but this is not comfortable and not interesting.
Sorry but i think reducing the interface functionality is not good idea IMHO.

Last edited:

Biscuit

Donator
Reaction score
DGEX translation thrusters causing orbiter crash

Is anyone else having trouble with orbiter crashing when trying to use the translation RCS on the DeltaGliderEX_09beta with the updated dll ?

I've tried it again in a clean install, 'dirty' install (with some add-ons plugged in), orbiter beta w/wo orbiter sound ...

no luck ... nothing shows in the orbiter log ... best I can get from Visual Studio debugger is "An unhandled win32 exception occurred in orbter.exe"

"Unhandled exception at 0x7394fb7a in orbiter.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000."

The older DGEX "DeltaGliderEX_061015" works just fine when trying to use the translation RCS. No hiccups at all.

If it's just me, then I'll look elsewhere on my machine ... but I wanted to ask first before I got to digging that deep into my box ... because God only knows what it might be on my box if it ain't the DGEXbeta.

:(

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I just tried it and there was no crash for me.

Biscuit

Donator
Reaction score
awww, crap ...

That probably means I've likely got a dll screwed up somewhere deep in my system ...

... and as much stuff as I load/unload on a weekly basis (trying this-n-that), God only knows what.

I guess I'll just stick with the older one for the time being till I can figure it out.

Thanks for checking Hielor.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
awww, crap ...

That probably means I've likely got a dll screwed up somewhere deep in my system ...

... and as much stuff as I load/unload on a weekly basis (trying this-n-that), God only knows what.

I guess I'll just stick with the older one for the time being till I can figure it out.

Thanks for checking Hielor.
Actually, can you link me to the version of the DG-ex 09 beta that you used? I don't know if there's a newer version out since I downloaded it...

Schimz

Reaction score
I didn't try the EX with the last beta. But the translation crash is a common problem that I've encounter with all vessels in some betas.

Biscuit

Donator
Reaction score
Hielor:
I used the DGex beta from earlier in this thread.
http://akaa.free.fr/orbiter
http://akaa.free.fr/orbiter/DeltaGliderEX_dll.zip Patch
----

Schimz:
I'm getting the crash in the beta and in Orbiter2006-P1 ...

If it's just me getting the problem, I'm very willing to concede that it's probably an issue with my box ... just wanted to get verification on whether or not I'm the only one this happens to.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hielor:
I used the DGex beta from earlier in this thread.
http://akaa.free.fr/orbiter
http://akaa.free.fr/orbiter/DeltaGliderEX_dll.zip Patch
----

Schimz:
I'm getting the crash in the beta and in Orbiter2006-P1 ...

If it's just me getting the problem, I'm very willing to concede that it's probably an issue with my box ... just wanted to get verification on whether or not I'm the only one this happens to.
Using the "up" translation thrusters worked, but attempting to go forward (or back, i can never remember which is which) caused Orbiter to crash.

Biscuit

Donator
Reaction score
Using the "up" translation thrusters worked, but attempting to go forward (or back, i can never remember which is which) caused Orbiter to crash.

That's exactly what happens with me ... forward (keypad-6 in translation mode) causes a crash.

Good ... not good it happens, but good I'm not the only one.

I was starting to question my sanity for a moment there. LOL

Thanks!

No problem ... I'll just have to stick with the old one until it gets fixed. :)

Schimz

Reaction score
I see. That was the lin_thusters declaration, 4 thrusters instead 6. The weird thing is that messy dll work fine for me apart the RCS textures were white, I didn't notice it, I'm not in external view when I use translation :p
Anyway, try this corrected dll :
http://akaa.free.fr/orbiter/DeltaGliderEX_dll.zip

Schimz

Reaction score
Just trying something.
3ba6cbb4e204d55ec24111130679615ee1e436a6.jpeg

Try it. It's fun :thumbup:

Looks like I've just found 180'Haulers, my company's name :lol:

ed: and an addon idea :p

Last edited:

Marcel

Reaction score
I've just installed the latest version of this beautiful bird with the newest dll. I've experienced that the engine sound is playing even with the engines off. This happens to me even with a fresh Orbiter 060929p1 and OrbiterSound 3.5 install. Is this happening to anyone else? I'm using XP home on an ASUS A7N8X mobo.

Schimz

Reaction score
Yep, the turbo engines cannot be cut off.

Coincidently, today, the panel have received a new magical button to solve this problem :D

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Yep, the turbo engines cannot be cut off.

Coincidently, today, the panel have received a new magical button to solve this problem :D

Can you maybe also make the turbo engines a bit more silent in cockpit or even completely silent in external view and in space? ;)

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
In all reality, how hard would it be to give this beautifull machine some more engine power so it can reach orbit easier.

I love the look, but hate to use it because it's a pain in the a.. to get into orbit.
Any way of attaching a booster to it and launching it vertically like the shuttle to get it in orbit faster ?

Schimz

Reaction score
Any way of attaching a booster to it and launching it vertically like the shuttle to get it in orbit faster ?
Nope, it not a rocket nor a Shuttle, it's a DGex. Anyway, there's enough thrust for reaching orbit in 35min.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I like the way you've got to fly the DGEX to orbit, rather than just point it up and let rip. This is one of my top 5 birds to fly.