Gaming Digital Combat Simulator Thread

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Yep, the first Tunguska in the Shark caught me with complete surprise. The SA-11 I saw and completely botched the evasion, however.

---------- Post added at 15:00 ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 ----------

And here the completely uncut recordings of yesterday's session (skip at the end of Ka-50 Part 2 and A-10C to see what spawning inside an air defense system's range will do to you):

EDIT - fun fact: so apparently as can be seen during the ABRIS boot sequence it runs on an Intel 486DX.

Last edited:
E

ex-orbinaut

All a matter of project management. The whole Eagle Dynamics team for all their products has still "only" 28 programmers (including DCS:World).

I think that this isn't really a show stopper. Harder is getting the project started and managed properly from the start, so it does not run fast and well for a year and then collides with reality.

Okay. You know all about that area. :) I'll give the mesh a go, then. Fingers crossed regarding the results!

Reasonably big update when I started up DCS last night, for the first time since my last post here. I think some Mig 21 issues were tackled, as it was taxying somewhat differently (it would not turn at all until the brakes were applied). I did not have the time for a long session, or any MP to see if there was any graphics performance improvement. I just tried the instrument landing system, which works great!

orbitingpluto

Orbiteer
Reaction score
It was some time ago that I was looking up info on the B-58, and that started the wishing that I could use it for air-launches in Orbiter. If anyone is eager to make it, I'd be equally eager to download and give it a home.:cheers:

Though with the discussion thus far I'm a bit worried there's too much stuff to cover. I think it might be best to pick a few fundamental features that could be expanded later but are simple enough that there is a flying B-58 in Orbiter relatively soon. I think payload handling qualifies as a fundamental feature, at least since most of my ideas for a B-58 involve it as a carrier plane.

Richy

VTOL craft Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.richmans-maps.ch.vu
Due to the Kerbal Space Night beeing tomorrow, who's up for a session tonight? Say starting 1600 UTC.

Available Maps:
- Airshow
- Easy weapon training
- Hard weapon training

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Due to the Kerbal Space Night beeing tomorrow, who's up for a session tonight? Say starting 1600 UTC.

Available Maps:
- Airshow
- Easy weapon training
- Hard weapon training

I already have an appointment for today after work. :(

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I'll be there. Weapons training would be nice.

Can join... just got scrubbed by my appointment because of a winetasting event. Would prefer A-10C today, some weapons training.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Will be there soon... just remembered that I need to update first (Just 600 MB... a matter of a few minutes on a good day)

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Super sale!
For just two days (18 to 20 October Moscow time), we are offering a massive 70% off flash sale on most DCS products from our e-shop at:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/

DCS: F-86F Sabre: $49.99 to $14.99 (70% off)
DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora: $49.99 to $14.99 (70% off)
DCS: UH-1H Huey: $49.99 to $14.99 (70% off)
DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight: 49.99 to $14.99 (70% off)
DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3: $39.99 to $11.99 (70% off)
DCS: A-10C Warthog: $39.99 to $11.99 (70% off)
DCS: Black Shark 2: $39.99 to $11.99 (70% off)
DCS: P-51D Mustang: $29.99 to $8.99 (70% off)
DCS: Combined Arms: $19.99 to $5.99 (70% off)
F-15C for DCS World: $9.99 to $2.99 (70% off)
A-10A for DCS World: $9.99 to $2.99 (70% off)
Su-25 for DCS World: $9.99 to $2.99 (70% off)
DCS: MiG-21Bis: $49.99 to $44.99 (10% off)

Starts 18.10.14 at 00:00 AM Moscow time and ends on 20.10.14 at 8:00 AM Moscow time.

E

ex-orbinaut

Done all the F-86 missions, and gone through all of the Normal, Emergency, and weapons procedures, finally, on my various home made missions. Guess I am rated on type, now! No stock Campaign for it, unfortunately. :(

PS: Of all the things that could do with a key assignment, there is none possible; the ADF and compass rotating cards. Darn cumbersome with the mouse!

Last edited by a moderator:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
No stock Campaign for it, unfortunately. :(

Maybe better for it right now... it is still pretty hard to create diversified 1950s scenarios in DCS because of the lack of comparable ground units.

E

ex-orbinaut

Maybe better for it right now... it is still pretty hard to create diversified 1950s scenarios in DCS because of the lack of comparable ground units.

Ah, yes. I see what you mean.

A campaign of only strafing transport truck convoys would become a little boring after a while. And "Renegade Sabre Dude in the 90's" campaign would be short lived, at best! :lol:

The emergency landing gear extension needs to be made functional, too, hidden away in front of the stick as it is, but all in all it is a great add on. So glad they made it.

Richy

VTOL craft Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.richmans-maps.ch.vu
Anybody up for a session this weekend?
What scenario is prefered?
- airshow
- light target training
- heavy duty target training
- night flight
- or something else?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Anybody up for a session this weekend?
What scenario is prefered?
- airshow
- light target training
- heavy duty target training
- night flight
- or something else?

Will be at the university until 1900 local time.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Will be at Lockheed Martin tomorrow ( :) ) and generally out of town this weekend.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Will be at Lockheed Martin tomorrow ( :) ) and generally out of town this weekend.

If you can find some F-104 stuff there... :lol: I am thinking about driving to the aircraft museum in Werningerode in the next weeks, a German F-104G is there.