General Question Disable Builtin MFDs

thepenguin

Flying Penguin
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I was wondering if there was any way to get rid of default MFDs in Orbiter.

For example, if I rarely use HSI or VOR/VTOL, could I get rid of them to fit all my other MFDs onto one page?

Or, possibly, disable Docking MFD in a DG-IV (or just generally), because that has auto-dock to do that for me?

There are a lot of cases for getting rid of various default MFDs, but I have not yet found a way to remove them.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I was wondering if there was any way to get rid of default MFDs in Orbiter.

Only for spacecraft, AFAIK. You have a API call to ban MFD modes for a vessel class. if you have no hover thrusters, it makes no sense to have hover mode, etc...

thepenguin

Flying Penguin
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Only for spacecraft, AFAIK. You have a API call to ban MFD modes for a vessel class. if you have no hover thrusters, it makes no sense to have hover mode, etc...

Okay, just dug through the API and found that "oapiDisableMFDMode();" would work for most purposes. I presume that this is the function that you are thinking of. I never knew that the API was so extensive.

The API documentation says that you should put the function inside the "ovcFocusChanged()" callback function, which is undocumented. I'll have to track down the docs for that now...

Is oapiDisableMFDMode the function you were thinking of, or is there a better option?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The API documentation says that you should put the function inside the "ovcFocusChanged()" callback function, which is undocumented. I'll have to track down the docs for that now...

ovcFocusChanged is obsolete and had been replaced by "clbkFocusChanged"