Poll Do you ever save insects?

Do you ever spare insects from death when you can?

• Yes, sometimes.

Votes: 48 85.7%
  • Never.

Votes: 8 14.3%

• Total voters

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
I'm not really a fan of bugs myself, but I spare them when I can. There was one instance in a hotel where I found a bug drowning in the pool, so I picked him up and put him on the side. When I was done and drying off, he came up to me, almost as if to thank me :lol:

Vanguard

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I try to save insects wherever possible, except spiders - I hate spiders! It's their legs - I just don't like them! The little ones are okay, but the big ones....ugh. (By big, I mean 2-3 inches long - I'm glad we don't get tarantulas in the UK!)

I know a military guy who knows another military guy who woke up in a tent in the desert with a camel spider just above his face on the inside of his mosquito net! It apparently took his friends 5 minutes to stop him from running around the desert screaming! :p
camel-spider.jpg

THAT... is one nasty ass spider. Holy smokes. Just showed the GF who will likely have a few nasty dreams this evening. 1 Chuck Norris fly swatter required.

The other day some little water beetle (size of an earwig) was roaming across the carpet. I grabbed a paper tower, laid it flat in the direction of his travel, and would he have climbed on it, I would have launched him out into the free world. After about 2.5 seconds of stubbornness on his part, he's now one with the paper towel. It's the thought that counts, right?

Spiders however, the only time I'll kill one is if the girlie spots it first and goes batty like a full grown deer bouncing off the furniture. Otherwise, I'll place his somewhere more concealed or outside. The bedroom however, is my domain. No one else gets a piece of me or my woman :thumbup: