Problem Docking HUD Vectors Backwards?

Evan

Reaction score
I've been playing Orbiter 2016 for a couple weeks now, and I have attempted to dock with the ISS many times. When I switch to Docking HUD, my vectors seem to be backwards! For whatever reason, the "forward" vector (shaped like a plus sign in a circle) is not the direction I need to thrust in, and if I thrust towards it, the relative velocity increases. This means that I have to either look for the reverse vector, which is very difficult (since it doesn't have an arrow), or use the retrograde thrusters, which are rather low-powered. Does anybody know what's going on, and if there's a fix?

I am running Orbiter on Windows 10, with an AMD FX 8370, 32 GB of RAM, a GTX 1070, and an integrated sound card. I haven't experienced any other problems with Orbiter 2016.

Orbiter_NG.cfg
Code:
; === ORBITER Master Configuration File ===
EchoAllParams = FALSE
LPadRect = 777 147 2068 793

; === Logical parameters ===
StartPaused = TRUE

; === Device settings ===
DeviceIndex = 0
ModeIndex = 512
Fullscreen = TRUE
NoVSync = TRUE
WindowWidth = 400
WindowHeight = 300

; === User interface parameters ===
MenubarMode = 0

; === Window positions ===
LpadScnListWidth = 341
LpadModListWidth = 209
LpadExtListWidth = 213

; === Active plugin list ===
ACTIVE_MODULES
  OrbiterSound
  D3D9Client
  transx
  DX9ExtMFD
  ScnEditor
END_MODULES

Attachments

• Orbiter.log
    5.9 KB · Views: 1

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Retro thrusters are just fine. Come in on a slower approach speed (say 50 m/s at 1km range). There's a negative velocity vector in the opposite direction if you need to burn main engines to null out the delta-V.

Evan

Reaction score
Okay, I'll go with that. Thank you!

Tommy

Reaction score
Most of the time you can engage the Retrograde AP and the "reverse" marker will be in view.