Poll Does God exist? Is science true ? (Multiple choice!)

Does God exist? Is Evolution true? Does the Big Bang has occurred?

• Total voters

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
These are also quite good!:

:rofl:

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
I do believe that God exists, but I am somewhat hesitant to believe all that I am told about him without first drawing my own conclusions. The quote in my signature very well sums up what I believe. I believe that God encourages us to use our intellect learn about the world around us, and that he isn't necessarily present in every aspect of our lives.

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
I do believe that God exists, but I am somewhat hesitant to believe all that I am told about him without first drawing my own conclusions.

Unless i'm mistaken, you're saying that: before you believe in god, you want to look at the evidence?

streb2001

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Unless i'm mistaken, you're saying that: before you believe in god, you want to look at the evidence?

As a teenager I dabbled with the religion thing. When I studied more advanced science at school I put it to our catholic priest that if we chemically analysed communion wine after eucharist it would still be grape juice rather than blood. He told me that transubstantiation was an act of faith. That was the moment when I got out quick. Science has since been my religion.

ZombiezuRFER

Zaktan Zanamu, margum Zavralto
Reaction score
As a teenager I dabbled with the religion thing. When I studied more advanced science at school I put it to our catholic priest that if we chemically analysed communion wine after eucharist it would still be grape juice rather than blood. He told me that transubstantiation was an act of faith. That was the moment when I got out quick. Science has since been my religion.

Perhaps he meant it metaphorically? Or did he really mean that fermented grape juice would become divine blood?

ZombiezuRFER

Reaction score
It's no reason, if you say you "was" a muslim :)

I know its not my place, and im sorry for that, but srsly, don't flame people over their english, especially considering that this is teh internetz lawlz

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I know its not my place, and im sorry for that, but srsly, don't flame people over their english, especially considering that this is teh internetz lawlz
?? My english is also bad and i don't wanted to flame him for his english,
i really tought that he WAS a muslim. If i am wrong and you wanted to say that you ARE a muslim then sorry Indonesianorbinaut!

Last edited:

ZombiezuRFER

Reaction score
?? My english is also bad and i don't wanted to flame him for his english,
i really tought that he WAS a muslim. If i am wrong and you wanted to say that you ARE a muslim then sorry Indonesianorbinaut!

cool, just sounded a bit flamey to me... Cause it was a bit Grammar nazi-esque.

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score

Er, I did phrase that odd. What I mean was that I don't blindly believe what is told to me, but, instead, I pick what to believe based on what seems believable.

Though that was probably many years ago, I can clear up the fact that Catholics believe that, while the bread and wine at Eucharist are the body and blood of Christ, it does not physically turn into flesh and blood (although miracles are noted where this has occurred). Instead, the bread and wine are 'accidents' left over after transubstantiation. So it actually still is bread and wine, physically. If that means anything to anyone :tiphat:

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
cool, just sounded a bit flamey to me... Cause it was a bit Grammar nazi-esque.

Excuse me I don't understand what you want to say exactly but i think it's better to cancel the discussion at this point. Do you really think that here in this community is ONE nazi? If so then please tell that to TEX and he will ban him forever! Such thoughts as nazis have are not the point of Orbiter and does not match with this community!

Last edited:

ZombiezuRFER

Reaction score
Just first time I saw it on this forum... lets get back on topic.

Spaced

Reaction score
The third, and second to last options are the only rational statements.

jimblah

Reaction score
I might have chosen the last answer if it was more clear...

There might have been others, therefore the validity of this poll is disputable. For me the sciences and the scientific method, mathematics and its rigorous proofs point the way to an understanding of truth. An appreciation of aesthetics is my basis for morality. If you can appreciate beauty, you know right from wrong.:lol:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
My beliefs:
A god probably does not exist.
Evolution is true and pretty obvious.
The Earth is billions of years old.
The Big Bang is likely true.
But I won't vote, for one thing because evolution and the big bang are totally seperate in every way.

Mister Mxyzptlk

Reaction score
Er, I did phrase that odd. What I mean was that I don't blindly believe what is told to me, but, instead, I pick what to believe based on what seems believable.

Though that was probably many years ago, I can clear up the fact that Catholics believe that, while the bread and wine at Eucharist are the body and blood of Christ, it does not physically turn into flesh and blood (although miracles are noted where this has occurred). Instead, the bread and wine are 'accidents' left over after transubstantiation. So it actually still is bread and wine, physically. If that means anything to anyone :tiphat:

I was raised catholic and when I realized that catholics had substituted the jewish passover lamb sacrifice with the son of god (human and deity all rolled into one) AND THEN WERE EATING HIS BODY AND BLOOD! I couldn't continue in the church or the school as such a barbaric belief couldn't be true. I was eight years old at the time and as the rest of my family and immediate relatives were all catholic, it caused quite a bit of emotional and mental trauma that I have yet to fully recover from.

I really believe that the catholic religious indoctrination at such a young age and subsequent revelation I experienced has totally changed my life for the worst and is why I have a hard time fitting in anywhere in any group, it ruined me, and I hate catholicism for that.

Ark

Reaction score
I'll come right out and admit I'm an atheist. I put up with being raised Catholic for my entire childhood and eventually came to the conclusion that Catholicism offered no persuasive evidence for God's existence, and really had more to do with power, politics, and manipulation than genuine faith. I believe that we're on our own in this existence and it's up to use to figure out how to solve our own damn problems, and that there is no heavenly rapture to make everything okay in the end.