Question Dragonfly replacement

slaver0110

Reaction score
I've done a search of the forum, but I can't seem to find a suitable replacement of the Dragonfly.
I've managed to Spacecraft my own station modules, and even created a heavy lifter to loft the DF to orbit with MS2015, only to find that the CoG-offset on the Dragonfly hasn't worked since Orbiter 2006.
So, I'm left wondering if there's an appropriate replacement for the DF, with a CoG-offset feature that works.
I'm not C++ competent enough yet to dig into the DF code to find out what's wrong, and all previous efforts by others have all but disappeared.
Any help would be very appreciated.
Cheers!

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I've done a search of the forum, but I can't seem to find a suitable replacement of the Dragonfly.
I've managed to Spacecraft my own station modules, and even created a heavy lifter to loft the DF to orbit with MS2015, only to find that the CoG-offset on the Dragonfly hasn't worked since Orbiter 2006.
So, I'm left wondering if there's an appropriate replacement for the DF, with a CoG-offset feature that works.
I'm not C++ competent enough yet to dig into the DF code to find out what's wrong, and all previous efforts by others have all but disappeared.
Any help would be very appreciated.
Cheers!

Do you want to create a bug report here?
https://www.orbiter-forum.com/project.php?do=issuelist&projectid=1

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I am not even sure if the original developer is still reading the forum...

I recommend the bug report there.

Otherwise as suggestion for getting something solved: What about a Dragonfly Mark II contest?

The more tugs, the better, right?

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
This makes me wish I would've had time to complete the Maintenance Fury. If I'd have been able to realize my vision, it would be perfect for this task.

slaver0110

Reaction score
I guess I missed what doesn't work with it?

The CoG-offset simply does nothing.
Without it, you get torque in odd directions when maneuvering with a payload docked to the DF. Makes it very difficult to properly move stuff around, which is what the DF was originally designed for.

I'll plant a bug report in the appropriate forum, and see what happens.
Cheers all!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
This makes me wish I would've had time to complete the Maintenance Fury. If I'd have been able to realize my vision, it would be perfect for this task.

Yeah, this one would be a good smaller alternative to it. :thumbup:

Or the Pod of 2001. :hmm: