Question Dyna-Soar with Orbiter 2016

delta_lima

Reaction score
Hello folks,

Have been away for quite a few years. My favourite addon was the superb Dyna-Soar by Sputnik et al.

So my question is whether this addon will work on Orbiter 2016 or if only on 2010.

I'm travelling now, and can't download much of anything, nor have either version installed on my laptop.

Would love to relive those great moments in the X-20 in Martin's great new version, but am happy to reload the older version if required.

I have a similar question with projects Mercury and Gemini, but I'm focusing on the X-20 first.

Thanks in advance, and thanks Martin for your continued commitment to our hobby.

Kind regards,

dl

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
I doubt it.

At least, it won't launch properly due to surface elevation/touchdown point issues making old launch vehicles incompatible.

moonheart

Reaction score
I found that Project Gemini mainly works. You can launch, provided you use multistage 2015 and rename it multistage 2. You can dock, reenter etc. Couldn't get EVA to work though - but I could never get it to work in Orbiter 2010. I doubt Project Mercury will work - it won't work in O2010.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Both "work" with minimal changes to the scenarios but not 100%.
Mercury has an upgrade to make it work in 2010 (look for it), and it's also functional in 2016, provided you configure it to use a multistage launcher.

You can change the scenarios and configs so that they use Multistage2015 and Spacecraft4. Of course, renaming the .dlls will also work.
Also, get rid of "Sol_1962" on the scenarios and use the current Solar System.

These changes should get Orbiter to load and the rockets to appear.
With more work you should be able to restore the launch towers, recovery vessels, etc. Basically, you need to edit the configs, but it's not complicated, only tedious :thumbup:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Sadly, we neither have a version with VC or panel that way. The old panels of Mercury should no longer be supported, the available inside of the spacecraft3 Gemini looks like Seven Drunken Nights.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Not pretty yes, but Mercury works for me. Perhaps my Orbiter 2016 is working some magic:

But answering to the original post, you can make the 3 add-ons work (load with no crashes) in 2016 if you are familiar with some scenario/config editing.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Not pretty yes, but Mercury works for me. Perhaps my Orbiter 2016 is working some magic:

Failed for me the last time I tried, it does not like DirectX9 I think.

delta_lima

Reaction score
Thanks folks.

I noticed there was a "addons that work in 2016" thread, so if I should have posted there, I apologize.

I've never mucked with the scenario cfgs - but sounds like it'll be necessary to get this awesome addon to run.

cheers,

dl

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Urwumpe, the latest Dx9 client version improves compatibility, so perhaps that's where the magic is coming from. :)

Could be the case :lol:

I'll try next week.