Elisabeth Sladen, RIP

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
British actress Elisabeth Sladen, most known to SF fans for her role as reporter Sarah Jane Smith in Doctor Who, passed away on April 19th. She was 63.

vlcsnap00128.jpg

Elisabeth Sladen began her role as a regular companion of the Doctor under Jon Pertwee's tenure in 1973 in the episode The Time Warrior and departed the show under Tom Baker in The Hand of Fear (1976). Later she appeared in The Five Doctors and in the new series' episode School Reunion starring the 10th Doctor (David Tennant). She was the protagonist of the spinoff series The Sarah Jane Adventures and one of the most popular companions ever.

In the 4th Doctor's words: until we meet again, Sarah Jane...

vlcsnap00128.jpg

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Yes, sad to see her go.

N.

Robdotcom71

Reaction score
When I saw her in that episode of the Sara Jane Adventures with Matt Smith and Katy Manning (Jo Grant) which was just last year she still looked so healthy... I would never had guessed she was ill.
In fact I was thinking that Katy Manning looked rather ill. If anything, I would have thought it was Katy that was getting close to shifting off her mortal coil...

RIP Sara Jane....

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Just saw the news on the 'crawler' along the bottom of the morning news and was taken by surprise.
A great loss for Whovians everywhere. Rest In Peace.