Request elite and halo

Cerebus

Lurking
Donator
Reaction score
Frontier First Encounters...

Have you still got your Speccy? Otherwise, nostalgia avenue below...

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/

Reccommend the Klive emulator... runs snapshots, well... a snap!

I'm afraid my poor speccy was recycled many years ago, however I do use Pocket Clive on my XDA whenever I feel the need for some good old fashioned gaming :)

E

ex-orbinaut

I'm afraid my poor speccy was recycled many years ago, however I do use Pocket Clive on my XDA whenever I feel the need for some good old fashioned gaming :)

Did the same thing. Never thought then we might miss them one day, even if using the emulators is (as someone once commented upon my use of Klive) turning a Rolls into a Mini. I would defend the fact that the Mini does have its charms!!! Are you going to publish your Asp, BTW?

Keith, I'm carrying most of your ideas along with me for several years now (allthough not elite related), and I think it's something that a lot of people here would love to see. Since I allready spent years thinking about it all, however, I might as well point out some of the problems you will be facing.....:

There's a lot of good content in what you have written. The AI would be the biggest problem. Simple homing AI is simple enough, as are simple decision procedures. For example; brave enemy = does not try to escape untill ship integrity is less than 15%, +/- 5; or cowardly = escape when ship integrity is at or below 80%, sort of thing. Managed something quite workable years ago in VB when I made a simple naval battle computer program as an excercise. The challenge with Orbiter is, as you well say, getting a good pursuit model that respects astrophysics!:)

I suppose you could always randomly "spawn" vessels inside a certain radius of another, as if they just nipped out of hyperspace? By all appearances of the program's behaviour on the original Elite or (especially) Frontier, it did it this way, with the other vessel approximately matching your vectors.

You know, I came to a similar conclusion about the cellbody market issue, ie, not really required. The stations or the planet bases could be programmed with a market system in their respective modules, and probably even better than the original Elite where the fluctuation appeared to be arbitrary. Functions available through the getvesselinterface could be used to coordinate related stations.

But above all, my thanks for revealing a few more add ons. I am notoriously bad at searching on OH. I recently coded a test vessel with a swish refuelling function only to have pointed out that an MFD had already been made (by tl8) that did the same thing! Nevertheless, I can still use it, as it is not an MFD but works through the HUD (or on a panel) and is wired into the module of the vessel, instead.

Hopefully you will get around to finishing your improvements of the multi solar system. And if I get around to cocncluding some preliminary working version of my Python with at least a couple of the functions incrusted, I will post the beta version here for scrutiny...

Thanks all!!:cheers:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
By all appearances of the program's behaviour on the original Elite or (especially) Frontier, it did it this way

elite, yes. Frontier, I'm not sure. I know that the players autopilot could intercept targeted craft pretty accurately, so it's possible that intercepts of the AI were actually not random but happened as real system trafic. Again, it's not so difficult to do when even the lateral thrusters can pull one g for weeks on end. If the systems are powered down to reasonable levels, you can forget any kind of trafic, especially under time acceleration. allthough, the computer could cheat to keep it's bearing without using attitude thrusters. But that still leaves the trouble of navigating on the complex physical environment.

Hopefully you will get around to finishing your improvements of the multi solar system

Hopefully, yes. It's going pretty well currently, but I'll have lots of work coming up in the next semester... no Idea how much effort I will be willing to spend on it. So yeah, we'll see.

goop

ShipMaster
Reaction score
ok, i have found very little to none of these things.
1. does anyone know where i can get halo stuff, from, yes i am a fanboy and halo is my life.
2. while i am not playing halo, i am playing elite, and can find very little to do with that,
des anyone know where i can find more for this?
Here yeah here yeah your savior has come (sort of)
There is now a Pelican in Orbiter Hanger
I am modeling the Aegis Fate, Ran into a little bug with textures, kind of makes Orbiter crash
:probe::compbash2::dynamite::chainsaw::compbash::sos:​
Yeah That is kind of what happened. :rofl: So once i get the Textures fixed there will be a UNSC Frigate availbe via Orbiter Hanger.

And much more check out this pick

Attachments

• UNSC Fleet.jpg
    UNSC Fleet.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 9

Dambuster

Reaction score
goop: sorry I haven't got on Skype lately - I'll look at the mesh later and hopefully be on tomorrow!