OHM ENERGY project, release 4

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score
ENERGYproject3.jpg

Author: yury kulchitsky

ENERGY project is a maximum realistic model of russian HLLV Energia. The project is completely based on Russian-language sources.

What is new:
  • New autopilot pitch mode
  • Based on Payload Manager version 2.2.3.0
  • Additional HUD settings (Vista performance oriented)
  • Separate addon (without Space Tugs)
Manual documentation and installer programm are submitted both in English and Russian languages.
Designed for Orbiter 2006 Edition, patch 1 (build 060929)

DOWNLOAD

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Awesome !!!

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
I've executed three launches of Energia, and in all cases I've got message 'Autopilot off: Vital manoeuvre failed' at altitude 200+ in the end of the stage of reducing VS (when pitch is -10 and closing to zero). What's wrong?

Two of launches where Enegia Project native scenarios ('Going to polar orbit DG-IV' and 'Launching the DeepStar' - with AP alt. increased to 300), third was custom one, with Ravenstar attached to Energia.

P.S. By the way, Ravenstar has lost its ailerons during ascent, and its wings got heavy damages. It's pity, I hoped to use Energia to launch this craft into LEO.

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score
Legacy Reviews

Legacy Add-on Reviews from Orbit Hangar Mods

Review by slycoopersbutt
Pros: Possibly the best rocket addon around
Review:
It's very complexe and very visually pleasing to look at and very simple to use with it's excellent launch auto-pilot and you can add any payload you want with it as long as it's not too light or heavy by simply using it's special scenario editor menu. It's likely the best rocket you'll ever launch. It also has some nice space tugs included which can help get many payloads where you want them in orbit

Review by sherrif13
Review:
This is THE launcher, the Energia launcher is the best launcher out there! You can't go to wrong with this rocket (it IS still rocket science though) and gives you the ability to launch just about anything. Mostly any type of cylindrical payload can fit, and be launched.The Energia gives you plenty of options. This launcher visually looks good next to non-fictional craft as well as most fictional craft. Its just futuristic enough. Great job.

Review by fireflyfan
Pros: every thing
Cons: slow frame rate
Review:
This is the best launcher ever. I love to launch Delta gliders and the XR-2

Review by gerdih
Pros: Goog job
Review:
the yury kulchitsky addons are the best addons. When we can going to download the vulkan heavy launcher?:O It seem better than energy

Review by k.jameson
Pros: Perfect autopilot
Cons: Slow frame rate on liftoff
Review:
Probably the best realistic spacecraft on Orbit Hangar. Very, very powerful and flexible: with Energia (combined with Space Tugs & Delta Tugs) you can perform virtually all tasks, from LEO to interplanetary missions. I suggest an add-on for future releases: the Energia-M version!

kulch

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I've executed three launches of Energia, and in all cases I've got message 'Autopilot off: Vital manoeuvre failed' at altitude 200+ in the end of the stage of reducing VS (when pitch is -10 and closing to zero). What's wrong?

Two of launches where Enegia Project native scenarios ('Going to polar orbit DG-IV' and 'Launching the DeepStar' - with AP alt. increased to 300), third was custom one, with Ravenstar attached to Energia.

P.S. By the way, Ravenstar has lost its ailerons during ascent, and its wings got heavy damages. It's pity, I hoped to use Energia to launch this craft into LEO.

I have downloaded and installed my last version (just to sure to make the same installation). I have tested both native scenarios and have no this error.

Can you get me a scenario with Ravenstar? And where are I can download this ship btw?

Dambuster

Reaction score
I have downloaded and installed my last version (just to sure to make the same installation). I have tested both native scenarios and have no this error.

Can you get me a scenario with Ravenstar? And where are I can download this ship btw?

The download link for the XR2 (Ravenstar) is on this website:

http://www.dougsorbiterpage.com/

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
I've installed Energia over clean Orbiter2006P1 and noticed strange thing: in my primary Orbiter installation Energia uses another ascent profile! The profile I've seen in clean Orbiter is the correct one, I suppose. In incorrect profile Energia starts with G-factor of 2.80 at the very moment it takes off, getting DNP of 82kPa at 10 km alt (that's why Ravenstar were damaged), it has pitch +30 at 100km alt, pitch 0 at 165km (and only now boosters separation happens), and pitch -50 at 225 km pointing down at Mother Earth. It ends up at LEO with apoapsis rised 50 km more than needed and speed 500 m/s lower than needed, and then it says that 'Vital manoeuvre failed'.

How can this be? I guess it is some addon conflict. Any ideas what should I do (except of using clean installation)?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Did you use time acceleration???

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
No. And I think it is impossible to use time accel during Energia flight, at least manual says so.

That is all strange then - I mean, I get just 4 fps during launch without time acc, but still it is working well.

kulch

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
How can this be? I guess it is some addon conflict. Any ideas what should I do (except of using clean installation)?

I will look into my code around "vital maneuver" message tomorrow. I will report.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

BTW, I have found CTD-bug in case of using low-poly model of Energia. I will fix it as quickly as I can.

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
I've found the bad guy. It is Attachment Manager ([ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3058"]Attachment[/ame]). When this module is active, Energia behaves that strange way. When it is deactivated, everything's fine. So, it was addon conflict.

By the way, thank you for great addon, kulch!

kulch

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I've installed Energia over clean Orbiter2006P1 and noticed strange thing: in my primary Orbiter installation Energia uses another ascent profile! The profile I've seen in clean Orbiter is the correct one, I suppose. In incorrect profile Energia starts with G-factor of 2.80 at the very moment it takes off, getting DNP of 82kPa at 10 km alt (that's why Ravenstar were damaged), it has pitch +30 at 100km alt, pitch 0 at 165km (and only now boosters separation happens), and pitch -50 at 225 km pointing down at Mother Earth. It ends up at LEO with apoapsis rised 50 km more than needed and speed 500 m/s lower than needed, and then it says that 'Vital manoeuvre failed'

Look like you launch Energia not from Earth...

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

I've found the bad guy. It is Attachment Manager (Attachment). When this module is active, Energia behaves that strange way. When it is deactivated, everything's fine. So, it was addon conflict.

Thank you!
:tiphat:

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Kulch: This may not be the place for the question, but I was curious to know if we'll be seeing Vulcan any time soon, given your string of releases here?

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Additional HUD settings (Vista performance oriented)

Could you elaborate on this? Does this effect XP users in any way? Cheers!

Zeehond

Reaction score
Could you elaborate on this? Does this effect XP users in any way? Cheers!

You can turn off transparency of some of the HUD features for the launcher in the launchpad of orbiter (under the extra tab). This greatly helps performance when you use font smoothing in your OS. This is mainly a problem in Vista because cleartype (a method of font smoothing) is enabled by default.

Nemoricus

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The coolest aspect of ENERGY and Space Tugs is that the main engines are gimballed. It's very neat to see the engines on those craft moving.

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
Yuri, how can I launch Energia southwards? I mean situation when launch executed at descending node of desired orbital plane relative to launch site inclination.

kulch

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yuri, how can I launch Energia southwards? I mean situation when launch executed at descending node of desired orbital plane relative to launch site inclination.
You can't. You must wait about half-day for ascending part of desired orbit. Or set launch site location in south hemisphere.