NASSP F prefix in checklist referring to DSKY

bcbarnes

Reaction score
I occasionally see a line in one of the checklist items that looks something like this:

F XX YY DSKY

(XX and YY are two digit numbers)

I have auto and flash turned on, and nothing on the DSKY is flashing. I read in the section on abbreviations that 'F' stood for flight plan. Is this telling me to go to section XX page YY of the flight plan?:shrug:

Brian

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Those lines indicate what is happening on the DSKY.
"F" means flashing.
You get a verb and noun which should appear on the DSKY and the checklist might also elaborate on what each register means.
The verb associated with these lines is very often 06 or 16 because those are associated with displaying numerical information. The noun specifies what information is to be displayed.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Here's an example (attached image).

Verb 37 is for running programs, Noun 15 selects the program for TLI burn.

The DSKY then flashes V06N33. Verb 06 displays information in decimal, Noun 33 is for "time to ignition".
The checklist gives the units being indicated in each register of the Ground Elapsed Time (GET) at which the burn should occur.
You can proceed by pressing PRO or else use V21, V22, and/or V23 to update the values.

The DSKY flashes V06N14, displaying the delta-v of the maneuver in feet per second.
You can proceed by pressing PRO or else use V21 to update the value.

The DSKY then displays V06N95 but does not flash. Register 1 is the time to engine ignition, register 2 is the delta-V, and register 3 is the velocity for engine cutoff.

A flashing DSKY typically means it's prompting you for input. That final checklist item didn't involve flashing because the computer had received all the input it needed for the TLI burn.

There's a good deal of information on this page: http://nassp.sourceforge.net/wiki/Simple_AGC

Attachments

• apollo15checklist.png
    apollo15checklist.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited: