Falcon 9 at Cape Canaveral

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
SpaceX now looking at 2:30 PM EDT/6:30 PM GMT for next launch attempt.

I think SpaceX would do well to determine the cause of the aborts before trying again.

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
For that particular reason, those delays and scrubs, I really hate space flight. Proofs we are far away from turning space flight into what commercial aviation is like.

How much was the first flight of the A380 delayed? :p

"Gee, I thought we'd be a lot higher at MECO!"

:rofl:
I'll take a successful flight over an early flight any day ;)

Jarvitä

Reaction score
Announcer: "We still have time for another launch attempt today, stand by for a new T-0 time from mission control."

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
Abort video:​
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-5ZglqEJJc"]YouTube- Space X's Falcon 9 launch ABORT[/ame]

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
What kind of ignition system this Merlin engine uses?

TEB/similar boron substance + High pressure Helium for spinning the turbines to ignition speed.

anemazoso

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yep, but I'm talking about damnation of systems with many engines. What are the successful rockets, except for R7, with more than 5 primary chambers?

Saturn 1, "Clusters Last Stand" had 8 H-1 motors.

:cheers:

btw, my bet is for another launch attempt and abort today.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Any chance they haven't expended them and another attempt is possible?

Both should be around for some launch attempts. The helium is also supplied by the launch pad.

AirSimming

Reaction score
How much was the first flight of the A380 delayed?

The A380 actually was a dead horse for Airbus long before they even knew any possible date for test flying it. They still maintain, for years, as half as much orders as they need to brake even. It will continue to be in the red for many years, if not forever. It's too fat actually. The majority of airlines these days call for twin engine aircraft that can be operated from the most common airports (just look at the 787 orders...). The A350 will become a top seller.

Anyway, those delays in space flight are really annoying, and not only for new vehicles. Just look at the Shuttle. The current technology and its procedures is anything but ready to be used by the wide public commercially.

Jarvitä

Reaction score
Possible new T-0 at 14:45 EDT, resuming the countdown at 14:30 EDT.

Edit: Confirmation on the 14:45 EDT launch attempt.

No such thing as a drama-free SpaceX launch.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Now at T- 15 minutes and counting.

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Go for terminal count. T minus 13 minutes and counting.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The A380 actually was a dead horse for Airbus long before they even knew any possible date for test flying it. They still maintain, for years, as half as much orders as they need to brake even. It will continue to be in the red for many years, if not forever. It's too fat actually. The majority of airlines these days call for twin engine aircraft that can be operated from the most common airports (just look at the 787 orders...). The A350 will become a top seller.

Yes, you said it some years ago, and I still wait for your prophecy to become true. Instead Boeing revamped the 747 and fails selling the 787 in proper numbers...

AirSimming

Reaction score
Just got back from the supermarket to see the clock at T-08:00 :)

So let's face the second scrub of today :lol:...

AirSimming

Reaction score
Yes, you said it some years ago, and I still wait for your prophecy to become true. Instead Boeing revamped the 747 and fails selling the 787 in proper numbers...

Airbus still did not get more than 200 orders (and they need more than 400 in order to at least brake even). I'm looking at it for years, and nothing changes. But at least the A380 aready is way more sucessful than the Antonov 225

Boeing already has got more than 800 orders for their new 787.

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

And Falcon 9 flies just like a beauty for now!!! :thumbup:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Liftoff and staging! Go baby go!

AirSimming

Reaction score
The separation just looked perfect. Of course we do not see any data, but at least with the naked eye that flight looks perfect for now:cheers: