OHM Falcon9 Block4

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: brianj

The SpaceX Falcon9 "Block4" launcher with recoverable 1st stage and fairings, recovery vessels, launch pads and landing pads, scenarios in "Falcon9 Block4" folder.

This is a re-compile of the "Falcon9 for Orbiter2016" v.180321, but uses a different folder structure (Falcon9_Block4) for compatibility with current Falcon9 version.

Where the documentation refers to the folder structure as "Falcon9R_V12", read "Falcon9_Block4".

Recommended add-ons:
“LC39A SpaceX” modified LC39A launchpad
https://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=7090

Orbiter2015 Hi-Res Texture Pack for West Coast USA “EarthHi_11_05.zip”
https://mirror.orbiter-radio.co.uk/orbiter/assets/packages/Earth/EarthHi_11_05.zip

DOWNLOAD

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Happy to oblige. It didn't take too long, after all :)

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Quick question, Brian:

Is attaching payloads not available in the Block 4 addon? I don't see that option in the Launch Control Panel.
Only one attachment point for payloads on this version - you need some kind of "dispenser" for multiple payloads.

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Quick question, Brian:

Is attaching payloads not available in the Block 4 addon? I don't see that option in the Launch Control Panel.
Did I misunderstand the question?

Since you can have only one payload attached (as per above post), you don't have the "Attach" button option if there is already a payload attached.

Once you have jettisoned the payload, you do have the "Attach" button option(enter payload name and click "Attach" button on Control Panel).

Sorry if my original answer was confusing!
Cheers,
BrianJ

ZacharyS41

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.zachsellinger.com
You answered my question correctly, BrianJ.

I just asked that because I was trying to recreate the SpaceX CRS-1 mission in October 2012, which also included an Orbcomm-OG2 satellite as a secondary payload.

While I WAS able to attach the Orbcomm sat using the Block 5 addon, I cannot do that in Block 4.

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You answered my question correctly, BrianJ.

I just asked that because I was trying to recreate the SpaceX CRS-1 mission in October 2012, which also included an Orbcomm-OG2 satellite as a secondary payload.

While I WAS able to attach the Orbcomm sat using the Block 5 addon, I cannot do that in Block 4.
Ah, right!

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Only one attachment point for payloads on this version - you need some kind of "dispenser" for multiple payloads.

I use Universal Cargo Deck. Still works fine enough in Orbiter 2016.