News FDA warns to stop using Hydroxycut products

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
My mom was trying to take it and she didn't even need to. Its those stupid commercials that people always believe.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
My diagnosis for people who want to lose weight is exercise 5 days a week and that includes running. They should also eat healthy. Lets face it, in America this is almost impossible with fast food chains every two feet.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Commercials and pseudo-medicine is just the supply for the demand.
Now, the Hollywood and magazine makers who routinely photoshop physically impossible female shapes for people to idealize are the better culprits.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
9 million unit sales and only 23 people got sick.

Chance of getting ill: 2.56e-6

Why do we have an FDA again?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Anyone else here who knew that taking Hydroxycut was a bad idea all along? ;)

I don't use any such chemical additives unless I am ill. I had used magnesium pills for a short time for fighting spasms caused by mineral loss, but in nominal conditions all stuff my body needs, can be found in plants and meat. And beer! (Top fermented beer, like Weizen or Ale, is one of the highest concentrated sources of vitamin B12)

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

That is not the question, especially since sales does not relate to the number of human customers, but rather which kind of chemical is inside the Hydroxycut. Liver damage is one of the most severe side-effects of any medication - legal or not.

Moonwalker

Reaction score
All those products and almost any kind of programs/diets are useless in the long term. If people want to get and keep a certain weight they really need to change their eating habits and food forever, and to start doing sports regularly (all that not just for a certain period of time since you need to change/optimize your metabolism). Even a decrease of the stomach size (which in fact is a mutilation of the digestive tracts) does only help in certain cases.

We need much more enlightenment rather than pseudo weight-loosing products and surgery.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score

The FDA is skitzofrantic. :rofl:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I don't use any such chemical additives unless I am ill. I had used magnesium pills for a short time for fighting spasms caused by mineral loss, but in nominal conditions all stuff my body needs, can be found in plants and meat. And beer! (Top fermented beer, like Weizen or Ale, is one of the highest concentrated sources of vitamin B12)

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

That is not the question, especially since sales does not relate to the number of human customers, but rather which kind of chemical is inside the Hydroxycut. Liver damage is one of the most severe side-effects of any medication - legal or not.

Yes liver damage is serious. And you're talking about drinking beer! :cheers:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Yes liver damage is serious. And you're talking about drinking beer! :cheers:

Beer is healthy. But like with dihydrogenmonoxide, too much of it can be deadly.

Moonwalker

Reaction score
Beer is healthy. But like with dihydrogenmonoxide, too much of it can be deadly.

Too much of almost everything can be at least unhealthy.

But beside the alcohol in it, beer indeed is one of the most healthiest foods (which depends on the sort of course). And if you are thirsty in the summer, really thirsty, I don't know any cold drink that can be more freshening than a cold beer (which also depends on the sort of course) :cheers: