First flight training hours...

Native Son

Reaction score
Biggest problem with flying MSFS for me was the lack of acceleration forces. I have to constantly remember to use visual clues instead.

There's something soothing about 2 G's.

Mafuskas

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Good to hear about it Cairan, have fun, and once you get certified, let me know, and I'll tell you where you can pick me up at. ;)

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Training on (planned) hold

Quick update for fellow sim and real life pilots around here... My training is now on old... until August. I'm getting married on July 12th and then going on an icelandic honeymoon (damn it, I missed the quake!) for 2 weeks so I had planned to divert "monetary attention" to these matters till August ;)

As far as training goes, we did 2 more flights Friday, this time with high bank turns, slow flight and stalls. My instructor finally let me put her all the way down by myself, I guess he trusted me a lot more now that we've taken on the stalls...

Speaking of which, how the hell can one accidentally stall a Cessna 172? Even by pulling with both arms on the yoke I could barely manage to stall it. In MSFS and X-plane it's so "easy" to stall it, I figured it would be even easier with the real stuff, which it is not.

As for the landings, I don't have any problems with lining her up but I do tend to not let her settle on her own on the runway... Bad habit I'll have to to get rid off.

On the paperwork side, I passed my radiotelephony exam without any errors. :cheers: Now's time to think about the PSTAR! I now have 10 hours in the air! :speakcool:

legios

Reaction score
congrats

Congrats on your flight training. I remember my first flight training...I was so stressed just taxiing around (T-34C's didn't have nosewheel steering) that when I finally took off it was almost a relief.

Good luck and fly safe

Reaction score
when i pushed all the throttles back and pull the nose up w/o his permission he punched me!.lol

Carl

Reaction score
I expect he wants you to "unistall alll that stuff" because your passing the leasons so quickly and he`s making less money, cause you need less lessons.
Well Done btw.