First *proper* DGIV Mission

EJ316

Reaction score
Yeah so basically, although I've lurked around here for a couple of years and thought myself fairly good at Orbiter, I have never actually completed a full mission as far as I can remember. By that I mean from launch to touchdown with no use of the scenario editor to bring me back to life :p

So I took off from the Cape in a DGIV with the satellite payload aboard (can't remember the exact name off the top of my head) and launched into a stable orbit. Then I deployed the satellite, which I actually found really fun, because instead of the usual grapple, move, deploy (which I find quite dull sometimes) you have to put in the startup codes etc which I think adds a lot to the experience.

So after this I returned to the DG, did the de-orbit burn and re-entered the atmosphere. Unfortunantly I was slightly off target and ended up trying to reach home with like less than 5% fuel. Obviously this didn't go too well as I had a long distance to cover and I ended up ditching about 30km off shore from the Cape. But all was not lost as I had already despatched a second DG to rescue the stranded astronauts. I flew them back to the Cape and landed putting an end to my first whole mission.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that and stop pretending that I'm a seasoned Orbiter pro :p Also, I was going to ask how exactly those number inputs are coded for the satellite, as I'd love to see some other things using something similar, anyone know how they are created?

Cheers guys :cheers:

EJ316

Reaction score
Bump. I realise I shouldn't have posted a question in an otherwise dull post because hardly anybody will read it...but I don't really want to start a whole new thread for a quick question :p

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Also, I was going to ask how exactly those number inputs are coded for the satellite, as I'd love to see some other things using something similar, anyone know how they are created?

Cheers guys :cheers:

They are hard coded into the satellite and DGIV. Means that any other addon that you might wish to use some kind of number sequence, the developer would have to implement it.

EJ316

Reaction score
They are hard coded into the satellite and DGIV. Means that any other addon that you might wish to use some kind of number sequence, the developer would have to implement it.

Ok, cheers. Also, I just noticed your sig, and I thought I was the only orbinaut who liked Armageddon! :rofl:

Tommy

Reaction score
BasesyncMFD and AerobrakeMFD will help you get on-target re-entries in the future.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I don't seem to be able to find basesync MFD on orbiter hangar. Do I have to look elsewhere?

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Thanks at evryone, but I think garyw was right, I found it shortly thereafter, after realizing I shouldn´t look only on OrbitHangar.

Thanks and sorry for not searching thouroughly!