Getting Started?

Master of Blades

Reaction score
I was thinking that perhaps i should try my hand on Add-on developing, but where to get started?

I looked through the "resources" thread in this forum, got Anim8tor and VC++ but are there any decent tutorials for someone who doesn't know a nickel about programming? (Ok, I know a little bit... with emphasis on little) Just somewhere to get started?

Star explorer

Reaction score

Star explorer

Reaction score
make sure you read the manual for spacecraft2 it can be confusing less confusing than C++ though but if you have problems the forums always open (i have problems understanding spacecraft2 often but thats because i started addon making about a month ago. but those tutorials are what helped me get started

Master of Blades

Reaction score
How come i should use Spacecraft2 rather than Spacecraft3? Or does the mentioned tutorial apply to both?

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Before trying to make vessels I would suggest trying surface bases first, using notepad first, then using Surface base Wizard, then making a Vinka's spacecraft.dll INI file for a vessel, and finally make a DLL for your craft.

You may want to check this link with the thread for real beginners who are unfamiliar with programming
http://www.orbitersim.com/forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=4531

How come i should use Spacecraft2 rather than Spacecraft3? Or does the mentioned tutorial apply to both?

Spacecraft3 is an enhanced version of Spacecraft2. Internally older versions support some obsolete parameters. So they were kept separate for compatibility purposes only.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I might be able to give you the source code from my rover you could adapt that to make a vessel but I will have to ask gattispilot first

Master of Blades

Reaction score
Okay, thanks everyone, got some work for the weekend now then :D

Too tired to begin now though, just came home from a concert with the Sex Pistols :)