General Question Getting the DGIV panel to fit screen?

MetalMania

Reaction score
Hi, this is hopefully an easy question but I've been trying out the DGIV in Orbiter 2010, and the 2D panel doesn't fit all the way across my screen. It's like it's shrunk down to occupy the middle 1/3rd of the screen. I have a 1920x1200 screen. I at first was thinking maybe I need to mess with the screen ratio option in the Orbiter config, but the panel for the regular DG fits perfectly. I hope I'm explaining this clearly enough. Just wasn't sure if I had something wrong in my configuration or if it's something I need to adjust specifically for the DGIV in 2010.

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
I don't think DGIV's panel are resizable...they scroll up and down, and maybe also horizontally, if you have a very low resolution. At least, original DG does so.

I run on 1680x1050 and DGIV's panel is definetely not as large as the monitor...

AFAIK, the XR fleet supports multiple resolutions.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
DGIV hasn't got its own settings for this.
But you can change the scale of 2-D panels globally on the "Parameters" tab, "Instruments and panels" group, in "Panel scale", on the Orbiter Launchpad.

DGIV has only one set of bitmap resources used for panels, and it's using the old method for displaying them, so it isn't automatically rescaled, DG-XR1 has 3 sets of bitmaps you can choose from in the preferences file, that can be used for 2D panels for different screen resolutions, but still it isn't rescaled automatically, and standard DeltaGlider is using a new method implemented in Orbiter 2010 for displaying 2-D panels, which are automatically rescaled to the width of screen.

If someone is interested in that method, it's described here: