OHM Glideslope Training Facility

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score
Author: periapsisprograde

This addon creates a simple base in the southeast states somewhere. It contains a runway and 2 holographic markers to help you visualize the glideslope. Use this as practice for landings at KSC.
The package is very small. If I hadn't rambled on so much in the readme, the whole thing could be less than 3 kb.
I hope you enjoy it, and that it helps you land better, :)

DOWNLOAD

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
For anyone who wants to know, this is what it look's like:
orbiter2011-07-1822-13-33-67.jpg

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Not to harp on your geography, but it appears that you are in Mississippi, just south of Memphis...
Interesting, if a bit odd visual while travelling 'down' the chute. Overall, kind of a neat tool for the novice.

PeriapsisPrograde

Wannabe addon dev
Reaction score
Not to harp on your geography, but it appears that you are in Mississippi, just south of Memphis...
Interesting, if a bit odd visual while travelling 'down' the chute. Overall, kind of a neat tool for the novice.

I zoomed out, and thought, "Louisiana? No, it's northeast of that. Arkansas? No..."

Changed to say "the southeast states."

Last edited:

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Overall, kind of a neat tool for the novice.

Is there a lot of interest in guides like this?

The reason I'm asking is that there is an ancient addon similar to this but it's no longer available. I've made a lot of changes to it (to the point that none of the original files are needed) and it works with 2010P1 now.
11030520-10-38STS-133.jpg

I've created each HAC as a base, and they are "activated" using the CONTEXT parameter in the scenario file.

The main reason I haven't released it is that it requires a bit of txt editing to get it up and running, and it might be confusing the novice more than it would help. And so far I've only made HACs for KSC, Habana and Wideawake, but I can make other ones quite quickly.

stephenwl

Reaction score
Many thanks from a rank beginner. This is so much a tool I need. I'm going to love this. I'm going to hate this. I'm going to fly this a lot.