General Question Global configuration file for Prelude III base

ThaGuy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I doubt this is the correct place to post this but here goes...

I have been working with Prelude III by DanSteph and noticed no downloads available at OrbitHangar. Are these not worth uploading? I can find a lot of cool skins but no config. (I don't use the skins much unless i wish to simulate supply efforts to location)

I mean if I can make a super cool reusable launch pad or factory or whatever with Local Lights, moving stuff. the list goes on...

Just think what the rest of you could do?

Or am i violating DanSteph's rights in the matter? Or is it too simple? Granted it takes me along time to build stuff but its worth it.
Sorry im new and there's not much information on the subject i could find,

You must also download DanSteph's Prelude III so its ok?

Had to throw in a special THANK YOU to both DanSteph and Martin Schweiger for this great sim/learning/imagination tool.

And to the rest of you who have put so much time into this. i feel i can't criticize any of your work, for its somthing i can't do myself..Yet :facepalm:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Prelude III?
Do you mean Orcus Patera? http://francophone.dansteph.com/?page=addon&id=162

IIRC in the demos/mission Dan has shown what is available for the user, to you know, use?

I'll have to dig through the text, but I thought Dan allowed end users to customize their base using his moving doors, launch pads, lights, etc. just like UCGO, I think he even tells you how. It been a while and I'm sleepy. So if non of this makes sense I'll have to do some looking and get back here later.

ThaGuy

Reaction score
Prelude III?
Do you mean Orcus Patera? http://francophone.dansteph.com/?page=addon&id=162

IIRC in the demos/mission Dan has shown what is available for the user, to you know, use?

I'll have to dig through the text, but I thought Dan allowed end users to customize their base using his moving doors, launch pads, lights, etc. just like UCGO, I think he even tells you how. It been a while and I'm sleepy. So if non of this makes sense I'll have to do some looking and get back here later.

Yes, anything Orcus Patera can do. I can do myself by editing ONE cfg. also its a Vessel so you can move it with the scenario editor

Also people who love to make Bases could include a Global configuration file for Prelude III base to animate anything or turn it into a UCGO factory or whatever..
As far as i can tell adding such a file would not interfere with Orbiter in anyway if you didn't download and install the addon by DanSteph

Last edited: