Rant Google

Moonwalker

Reaction score
Microsoft owns Hotmail, and Windows 7 scanned all tasks done by users so Microsoft could learn about behavior of users. They discovered that many users liked to have windows opened in a certain order, so you would see too many clicks to open and close apps. They do not say they will use the info, they just use it.

So now we have Google watchdogs. Who was the watchdog of Microsoft? Did the world end with Microsoft?

Well, Windows for me is just a stupid platform that does best at gaming. That's the only reason why I'm still using Windows. Exactly the only reason. I'm more a faszinated Linux user for some time now, while storing real private stuff only happens on a non-web-enabled computer, and serious private stuff not on computers at all but rather in real life.

Also, I never used and I won't ever use email for serious data exchange / communication. It is just nothing more than about gaming and actually useless nonsense like receiving space flight news. Anything else takes place in real life, far away from computers. I don't even own and use mobile phones. I never did until today. I don't need to be reachable at any time and any place, like even on toilet. That's a waste of money for me and annoying moreover. I'm not even using electronic cash. There is only one branch bank, the one I have my bank account at, where I use the bancomat to get real money. Where that money goes to is not traceable.

I don't let electronic stuff determine my life too much. Actually, I even could live with just a phone at home and that's it. I also don't own a television for some years now (because it's about 95% boring and useless dumbing-down trash). I don't even wear a wrist-watch. So I'm timeless and without electronic communication whenever I'm underway. What a poor guy I am, may some people think. Many people including a some of my friends would get nervous and crazy. I'm just balanced and I just enjoy silence :) Stress is avoidable, but many people just don't get it.

So you see why something like Google is not my friend as well ;)

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Have you ever thought if routers may also be used to monitor you?
Manufacturers may take certain keywords and determine if you need to be monitored or not. If a router manufacturer wanted to monitor you, you would not even notice.

Changing OS would not be enough to enjoy privacy.

Moonwalker

Reaction score
Switching to Linux is the best you can do. And as I said, my private stuff is stored on and work on it happens on a computer that is never being connected to the web anyway.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score