Gotta LOVE R AND R

Chipstone306

Reaction score
lol thanks guys just a question i was pondering i will tell u though if anyone has a telescope and are around kandahar lol drop by the stars are amazing here i am still getting use to seeing a different sky at night i hope to get permission in a few months thu the passport and visa to take a trip to kazakstan too the good ol boys at the space port... i am hoping of a launch in about three months anyone know of some coming up? i cant access many sites thru the base due to security and the rarety of being behind the wire... ps talitubby is the greatest threat to the free world. psss In a foreign country do NOT drink the tea.. especially when they do not boil water for a long enough time.

Last edited:

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
tigerofsiberia.livejournal.com
i am hoping of a launch in about three months anyone know of some coming up? i cant access many sites thru the base due to security and the rarety of being behind the wire...

As of now:
February 11th to 20th - triple Glonass-M atop Proton-M/DM2
February 25th - Cryosat 2 atop Dnepr (converted SS-18 ICBM)

This is subject to change and further updates, however.

Hopefully your friends really know "the ways behind the fence". To your information, there is a travel agency in Russia who specializes on trips to Baikonur - although they would charge a foreigner quite a bit.

JamesG

Orbinaut
Reaction score
If you can visually direct a DG to docking with the ISS, aiming a RPG is easy stuff.

Aiming an RPG is easy. Getting it to hit what you want is the hard part.

I'm also home on R&R leave Chip. I'm up in the North at Mazar-E-Sharif doing the Pheonix mission.

Take care and get home soon.