Greg Burch's SBB 4.0 & 4.1

XonE32

Reaction score
Heya all, Just had two questions.

1) What's the limiting number of vessels in a specific scenario file? Sorry if this a newb question, I did know the answer at one point, but I've been a way from Orbiter for a while. I checked the Orbiter scenario.pdf and didn't see the answer there. Is it 99? I thought it was 99, but I just can't remember. Anyone know?

2) Greg this one's for you (or anyone who can answer:)). It's with regard to your great Building Blocks 4,4.1. I'm wondering what and where I have to change something (presumeably in the .ini) to get a module to attach to another in the correct way for easthetic reasons mainly?

Heh, I realize that's pretty vague. Primarily it has to do with the BD101 (classIII airdock module). When I attach it to another module it attaches fine, but the rotation of the doors (i.e. which way they face) is "wrong". I say wrong in quotes because everyone knows there's no up or down in space so they really can't be facing the wrong way lol. But easthetically, in relation to the rest of the station I'm building it looks odd.

Is there something in the .ini I can change so when I attach it to another module the doors face in the direction I want them to?

Thanks again in advance for any help, and thanks for the great add-ons.

Regards

XonE 32

GregBurch

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I have no idea what the answer to your first question is. I may be able to help on the second:

2) Greg this one's for you (or anyone who can answer:)). It's with regard to your great Building Blocks 4,4.1. I'm wondering what and where I have to change something (presumeably in the .ini) to get a module to attach to another in the correct way for easthetic reasons mainly?

Heh, I realize that's pretty vague. Primarily it has to do with the BD101 (classIII airdock module). When I attach it to another module it attaches fine, but the rotation of the doors (i.e. which way they face) is "wrong". I say wrong in quotes because everyone knows there's no up or down in space so they really can't be facing the wrong way lol. But easthetically, in relation to the rest of the station I'm building it looks odd.

Is there something in the .ini I can change so when I attach it to another module the doors face in the direction I want them to?

You want to change the "ROT" value in the docking port code. It's been so long since I've messed with these that I can't say for sure, but I think this will do it. Here's the code you'll find:

; === Docking ports ===

[DOCK_0]
POS=(0,0,5)
DIR=(0,0,1)
ROT=(-1,0,0)

[DOCK_1]
POS=(0,0,-5)
DIR=(0,0,-1 )
ROT=(-1,0,0)

Change it to look like this:

; === Docking ports ===

[DOCK_0]
POS=(0,0,5)
DIR=(0,0,1)
ROT=(1,0,0)

[DOCK_1]
POS=(0,0,-5)
DIR=(0,0,-1 )
ROT=(1,0,0)

That should do it.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I think its some insanely high number that you will never reach (unless you want to but that will take ages)

XonE32

Reaction score
You want to change the "ROT" value in the docking port code. It's been so long since I've messed with these that I can't say for sure, but I think this will do it.

Ok, thanks Greg for the info. I figured it was one of those, but didn't know which. I'll fiddle with it after I stop pullin' my hair out from something else that's not workin' at the moment. Seems like I put the station together nicely, save it, and then when I load back in it's all buggered up lol. Damn solar panels are changing position on me for no reason that I can see.

I think its some insanely high number that you will never reach

Hope yer right Woo, cause after I finish this station and put it into my scenario there's gonna be more than a hundred vessels in there.

XonE32

Reaction score
I'd be curious to know what kind of performance you get with that!

Me too lol. I started building the station with yer "blocks" with a clean scenario file. Looks like this so far (see below). But I haven't thrown it into my "All Ships" .scn yet. I shall do so and let ya know. The All Ships.scn of mine has a wack of DG1V's and about 3 or four times as many Prelude II bases in addition to the Deepstar and Vespucci etc... so I could be in for an unpleasant surprise. I think the station below has about 50 vessels so far or there abouts.

Station1.jpg

-----Posted Added-----

Phew, so far so good Greg. I combined the station into my all ships .scn and was a bit worried about fps, but it's all good. The pic is SUPPOSED to show ya the Deepstar2.0 (SALUTE to Alain H. for that one) WITH the fps from fraps on there at 60-80, but it doesn't show on the capture fer some reason. The in-game Orbiter monitor never went below 80 on approach and mainly stayed above 120 but it doesn't show up on the screenies either.

Anyhoo, at least the damn solar panels don't keep changing position when I load it up lol.

Station3.jpg