Gaming Hatsunese Space Program (HASDA) reboot in KSP Real Solar System

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Half a decade ago, I was making Orbiter mods for a Japan-like country called Hatsunia, inspired by this. And in 2019, I started depicting the origins of the Hatsunia Aerospace Science and Development Agency (HASDA) in Kerbal Space Program with the Real Solar System and Realism Overhaul mods.

Since then, I have redesigned the shape of Hatsunia and restarted the Hatsunese Space Program again. For easier logistics, Negishima Space Center is now located near the Hatsunese mainland instead of near the equator.

The whole thread is available on the Kerbal Space Program forum as well as the Alternate History forum. This is a full reboot of the continuity.

r8msxTV.png

The history of rocket development from 1952 to 1972. The Negi rockets are now all-liquid (like Aerobee, Viking, and Vanguard).

M-1 is inspired by Japan's Thor-Delta rockets (except it is all built within Hatsunia instead of being imported via license) and the LS-5 from Rocket Girls.

KSP mods like ROTanks, ROEngines, Procedural Fairings, etc. allow you to make nice-looking rockets.

EVhwqgs.png

Negi-2B launched Hatsunia's first satellite, HATSUNE (High Altitude Test Satellite Utilization Near Earth) on 1960-08-31.

M-1A was used to launch the single-person Utahime capsule, first on 1970-09-12.

The first docking mission launched on 1974-06-18.

As of 1977, the M-2 rocket has made its debut. Unlike the old Orbiter version, it is shorter and slightly wider, uses kerosene/LOX on the second stage (with an optional hydrogen/LOX third stage), and liquid rocket boosters instead of solid. The LRBs have commonality with the M-1A and M-1B.

0SkesAi.png

OYtzRVJ.png

Last edited:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Advanced Information Gathering Satellite or IGS-A (1978)

VemM5J0.png

Usagi-10 in Aristillus Crater (1978)

j1ukttR.png

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
When I first started to see the words "Hatsunian Space Program" and "Negishima Space Center" (circa 2019), I had no idea what are these. But now, after seeing this this thread, I understood that the "Hatsunian Space Program" and "Negishima Space Center" are fictional and inspired by the Hachune Miku program.

Edit: I shall try to use @Pipcard's Orbiter add-ons to mimic the rebooted Hatsunese Space Program on the Okinawa Island close to the 26°35'N latitude (the latitude where the new Negishima Space Center is situated).

Last edited:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
The Advanced Marine Investigation and Ground Observation Satellite (AMIGOS), also known as Aomidori (1980)

oWeQFhm.png

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Mokume Ganymede flyby (1985)

9kwpkLE.png

Stargazer space telescope (1985)

r5CSHhB.png

Mokume Europa flyby (1985)

RjgfJlS.png