Internet Have you watched a Der Untergang (Downfall) parodies on YouTube

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
I watched it a while back. I was impressed with how they managed to almost make you sympathize for hitler. 8/10

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Watched a few. Not quite as funny if german is your mother tongue I'm afraid (though the original film is much more awesome that way), but still good for a laugh or two...

Einion Yrth

Hoopy Frood
Reaction score
Watched a few. Not quite as funny if german is your mother tongue I'm afraid (though the original film is much more awesome that way), but still good for a laugh or two...

It loses a lot if you have German as a second language, too. Although there is always the hypnotic power of subtitles. When I was living in Hamburg I went to see "A Clockwork Orange" in English with German subtitles. I just could not NOT read the subtitles.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It loses a lot if you have German as a second language, too. Although there is always the hypnotic power of subtitles. When I was living in Hamburg I went to see "A Clockwork Orange" in English with German subtitles. I just could not NOT read the subtitles.

Yes, but then, this power was already abused to great comic effect by Monty Python.

Mantis

Reaction score
I watched it a while back. I was impressed with how they managed to almost make you sympathize for hitler. 8/10

Great movie and those meme's are funny as hell. Some people were indeed outraged that the movie portrayed Hitler as a human being rather than an almost comic book like figure or that it was too sympathetic to him. I didn't see it that way. I think people need to realize that the monster was indeed a man, a deeply flawed man who could show kindness to his secretary in one moment and then issue orders that would result in untold civilian deaths in the next.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Excellent movie, the original and the parodies, haven't figured out how I can compare the two, maybe the fact you can hold two contradictary ideas at the same time.
My favourite:
Can't find it, Hitler complaining about scratched film and dodgy transfer facilties companies...

If you haven't seen it, this is well worth a look:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_(2001_film)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWLvq0jC-c0"]Conspiracy Kenneth Branagh - YouTube[/ame]

N.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Sonntag, kurz nach dem Sportschau.

You already exposed yourself badly as Non-German that way. Everybody knows that Sportschau is on Saturday, 18:30.

If you try that in Germany, you be pulled away by strange men and forced to watch "Frühlingsfest der Volksmusik" for hours. And you will wish, that they would just kill you...please...

Einion Yrth

Hoopy Frood
Reaction score
You already exposed yourself badly as Non-German that way. Everybody knows that Sportschau is on Saturday, 18:30.

If you try that in Germany, you be pulled away by strange men and forced to watch "Frühlingsfest der Volksmusik" for hours. And you will wish, that they would just kill you...please...

It's a Python sub-title, so don't shoot the messenger. ;)