Question "heavy" lander for UCGO cargo transport

Reaction score
Im looking to do a lunar base project, and am looking for something that will serve as an unmanned transport and lander for large amounts of UCGO cargo. I am also looking to restrict it to reasonable for the somewhat near future. If i must use UCD to get the lander to work for my purposes, that is perfectly fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
I assume you mean from lunar orbit to lunar surface...
See if n0mad23 can give the Lamprey a solid deck... That should suffice.

orbitingpluto

Orbiteer
Reaction score
Search for "Velcro Rockets" over at Orbiter Hanger. It supposed to be a rocketeers toolbox, complete with a way to cobble together rockets via scenario file coding, but nothing stops you from using one stage alone or UCDing a staged rocket in game. Digging around in it one day, I found a Apollo LM descent module in there that is could work for you, only it's payload to lunar surface is bit small. I think only 5000 kgs, or something.

You only know if you do the math, or verify with real world experiments. Or in Orbiter experiments.;) Hope you get something your happy with!

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
This may be more suitable: [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5174"]Lunar Space Shuttle 2011[/ame]
it has no native UCGO support, I guess you could bolt one or two of those cargo decks for the XR series.

orbitingpluto

Orbiteer
Reaction score
Oops.

The LM descent stage is in the "Velcro Saturns" expansion, not the base "Velcro Rockets". Realized that out browsing through one of my installs. Hope I didn't confuse.