Request Help with creating cargo for XR5, XR2 & DGIV

The Void

Workin hard on my next project
Reaction score
I would like if some one can help me make cargo for the XR5,XR2, and DGIV I have the texture of the cargo background made I just need some one to attach the images to it maybe add new font to the name and help me with the .cfg file.

If anyone can help thanks in advanced.

Here's a link to the image i wish to use and private message me to exchange emails so I can send the cargo I have got half way done with. :compbash2:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3588/3361192186_60642daa53.jpg

The Void

Reaction score
Thank you for your offer i will appreciate the help :thankyou:

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
This helpful thread by Computerex gives alot of useful links for those who wish to envolve themselves in addon development. I find things hard to read myself, but enjoy learning through trial 'n' error, mostly error. But you'll find most of what you want there.

In regards to cargo's...
I used "Wehaveaproblems" XR5 CargoTemplate which you can download [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3623"]here[/ame] and I used it for the XR5 Umbrella cargo. But when you install it, just transfer the file from Orbiter\Config\Vessel to Orbiter\Config\Vessels, otherwise the template won't work. But once you've read the pdf a few hundre3d times and mastered the basics, you will be able to adapt it to other cargos, like the XR2, DGIV ect. The concepts are the same. Just ride the frustration and hide the hammer, computers are expensive.

Vessel Skins...
If there's not a repaint kit for a skin, convert an original dds file and edit it like you've done for your cargo, converting it back to dds. To convert bmp, jpg, png and tga to dds I use this converter. It's idiot proof, so I love it. If you notice windows in a skin, like the one on the XR5 skins I released which weren't originally there, convert to PNG otherwise bmp, tga ect will fill the windows in a base colour when you convert back to dds.

If you require help with your art work, just pm me what you've done, any format and I'll have a go and return in the same format. Please provide any images ect in links and explanation to assist.

Other than that, this is all you need to start off I think, unless others can add to it.

But don't worry about pm'ing me. It's never a bother m8. :thumbup:

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
I put this... [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5287"]XR5 Cargo build[/ame] together to help me remember how to do it... But figure it may help you get that cargo working. :)

The Void

Reaction score
Thank you :) It was definitely a great help now I just need to remake the cargo as I have accidentally deleted it... :facepalm: