Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Oldest backup I have is showing the seed as -3136405640673471879.

This seed is correct. Somehow. It too should be out of range for the .hash() function, so it seems my info on minecraft seed conversion is wrong. Anyway, its amazing how much of an impression we had on the landscape around the commune, especially towards the positive x direction. (East I think) I almost didn't recognise commune hill without the commune on top :lol:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Guess I just used the random number seed then, instead of trying for a fancy word.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
fsci, you have no idea how terra firma craft changes the game do you? You can't punch down trees, mineshafts without support will collapse. dirt houses collapse. tools must be knapped from your material. Charcoal takes hours to make. You can freeze to death. making metals is a long and involved process. Need I go on. It does NOT make the game in any way easier.

Gerdih

Reaction score
well, I believe the real problem is to attract people to the server :p Not to decide about mods

MattBaker

Reaction score
well, I believe the real problem is to attract people to the server :p Not to decide about mods

Mods could attract people to the server because hardly anyone, including me, cares about vanilla minecraft anymore.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Mods could attract people to the server because hardly anyone, including me, cares about vanilla minecraft anymore.
My problem is that I've gotten into stronger and stronger stuff. It takes more than some little collection of mods to satisfy my addiction. I need huge modpacks where the NEI list has hundreds of pages. It gets a little unstable, *very* resource hungry, and not for the meek. :lol:

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score

In my case the problem is how to attract me back to Minecraft and not to the server, and no mods attract me to it lately, either. Maybe it would be easier to come back to Minecraft if I spent less time in other (single player) games. :p

Well, I was actually for more than 5 minutes the last time last weekend, but I haven't started anything new, but only brought home some additional stacks of netherrack and a few buckets of lava (the intention was to find some quartz from branch mining).

But I still remember I had in plans finishing my shelter built in a desert temple at south-west, building a new house (using stained hardened clay) on some small island in ocean far from everything, either at north or at south, and building a balloon in The City somewhere over the harbor, but somehow I couldn't even finish projects for them in creative single player.

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'll speak with the weight I currently have on the server (I think I connected one time after being whitelisted, oh dear), and say that I never touched Vanilla since a long time (except for UHCs). And as most of us like engineering, I think that mods that brings that type of stuff should be a good addition to it.

Well to me the ultimate mods set would be the CrackPack (even if it was first designed to help PvP happen), since all the cool stuff is in here (ComputerCraft, Big Reactors to say a bunch; Mindcrack fans out here will know hopefully).
The con to that is that it runs on 1.6.4, so most of the mods are outdated, but the mod list is on the provided link, and I think even adding few of them might be good.

My :2cents:

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
or you know, TerraFirma since some of us are also addicted on the survival aspect of MC, I kind of glad that I now live in a log tent and struggling to get any metals, at all.

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Well, I never played with mods, the only thing I really did in MC was playing on this server.

I don't want to (and can't) spend that much time anymore, so I would prefer no to use mods that make things more complicated.

Create a poll (with all the possible mods we could use and "no mods" as options) and I'm happy.

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
oh god, it includes ICBMs :lol:

That's the thing I don't like about most mods, they add unesesary things. Like why do we need copper tools when we have stone, and wood. Why do we need customizable trains when we have carts. Oh yeah, while we're at it, let's go add uranium, nukes, and ICBMs.

I wouldn't mind modding the game if there was a function that made the day cycle a lot slower or altered the mob spawn rate.

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
"unnessessary" depends on everyone. If someone made this mod, it's because they wanted it :)

Now I thought of CrackPack as a mod pack because the main thing about it is the "engineering" part: electricity, computers, automation, etc.
I haven't dug out the mods that interest me the most, but I'm sure there's guys that know which mods I'm talking about precisely, and I certainly don't want all of them to be included, but I know from the videos I've watched and the little tile I played with it (Minecraft tends to crash a lot on singleplayer lately with it) that it holds the mods that I enjoy playing with the most.

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
"unnessessary" depends on everyone. If someone made this mod, it's because they wanted it :)

Now I thought of CrackPack as a mod pack because the main thing about it is the "engineering" part: electricity, computers, automation, etc.

Yeah why would we need computer blocks when we got something like this...
11183951_c51c_1024x2000.jpg

Gerdih

Reaction score
Yeah why would we need computer blocks when we got something like this...
11183951_c51c_1024x2000.jpg

This certainly gives a plus point to computer blocks. I remember how limited I was when I designed and build the little logic circuit to build the Iron Farm gate.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
ComputerCraft is interesting. Programmable in lua, so you can automate so much.
I don't think mods necessarily make things easy. They give you something to make easy. There's so much more to do than in vanilla. And it's as easy or hard as you like depending on what mods you decide to utilize for yourself.