Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
There are creepers spawning in the city's library. One got me from behind when I was standing at the enchantment table. It destroyed part of the wires for selecting how many bookshelves to use, the floor, and I think a few bookshelves, too.

I have also a question about the orange line in Nether, as there is currently an annoying unfinished (with no tracks) modified part rerouting it. Will it be ever finished, or can I get it back going straight, like I built it? Alternatively I can make there a junction (similar to the one on the Winter Island line).

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
There are creepers spawning in the city's library. One got me from behind when I was standing at the enchantment table. It destroyed part of the wires for selecting how many bookshelves to use, the floor, and I think a few bookshelves, too.

I have also a question about the orange line in Nether, as there is currently an annoying unfinished (with no tracks) modified part rerouting it. Will it be ever finished, or can I get it back going straight, like I built it? Alternatively I can make there a junction (similar to the one on the Winter Island line).

Yeah... I built that annoying reroute... It dosent appear that I have the ability to get on minecraft. Especially considering that my computer now is operating on 512kb of memory. You could connect the to terminating ends I built and it should allow traffic to flow smoothly.

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
Is it my connection or is something wrong with the server today - I get usually 30-80 seconds of lag today (tested with chests, chat message and block update detector)? It goes down to ~1-2 second sometimes, and sometimes the game reaction is 2-3 minutes later. EDIT: Seems to be fine now, but it was unplayable for some 2 hours until 10 minutes after this post.

BTW, I fixed the creeper damages in the city library and secured it from mob spawning. It may not look the same as before (most likely there's one more glowstone now).

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Is it my connection or is something wrong with the server today - I get usually 30-80 seconds of lag today (tested with chests, chat message and block update detector)? It goes down to ~1-2 second sometimes, and sometimes the game reaction is 2-3 minutes later. EDIT: Seems to be fine now, but it was unplayable for some 2 hours until 10 minutes after this post.
No idea. I can restart the server when I get home, but as far as the internet connection goes, I'll be moving in less than a month, which means new internet connection...hopefully it'll still be good enough to run a server on...

---------- Post added at 23:04 ---------- Previous post was at 15:30 ----------

Server's restarted. As always, let me know if you have any issues.

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
I wanted to tell that modifications to Winter Island nether rail line have been finished yesterday and the line is fully usable now (but there's still possible further extension, it's just currently in the state which I planned when I started rebuilding it). I renamed it to "Glass Line" (a working title which may still change), as the Winter Island isn't the only destination, and because it's built mostly of glass blocks.

The new stations include:
  • "Blaze Grinder Fortress" (end station) - exit on the path between Sammy's castle nether line and Bio Dome portal (secured with additional torches, as there were blazes still spawning on it);
  • "Iron Farm / Sky City Hub" - exit on stairs to Sky City portal, closer to Iron Farm portal;
  • "Commune Junction" stop, where you can choose where to go next, with possible U-turns from all the ways;
  • "Commune" (end station) - exit under the commune portal at stairs down to LBJ memorial spire;
  • "Orb's Hub" - exit at corridor close to my lighthouse portal across the start of rail line to End farm;
  • "Southern Desert Temple" portal (end station) - the reason I started extending the line, with additional exit to "Artlav's Secret Mining Operations" portal, because of which I had to extend that line :p,
With old stops still existing on the line:
  • "n122vu's junction" stop with a leg to n122vu's portal, between "Winter Island" and "Orb's Hub";
  • "n122vu's place" portal (end station);
  • "Winter Island" portal (no longer an end station) - 1st and only station that had been initially on that line before I built a junction to n122vu's place.

From the "Commune Junction" there's still possible extension of the line west, for example to Richy's mansion or to the pirate ship/island, as that junction is actually 4-way, with a circuit to select the 4th exit in place, but only inactive (no buttons and no exit on the west wall).

I wanted to take some screenshots today to attach them with this post, but the server doesn't seem to be working at this moment.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I wanted to take some screenshots today to attach them with this post, but the server doesn't seem to be working at this moment.

Why do people not tell me these things? Without any more information, I blame my cat.

Should be working now.

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
Why do people not tell me these things?
Well, I noticed it only some 2-3 hours before my post when I wanted to take screenshots, but since I wanted to post about the rail line anyway I waited with it until I have composed that message, when I tested again if the server responds.

Anyway, the server works fine now and I took some screenshots, from which I'll select a few for uploading, probably tomorrow.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Server will be down starting in an hour or so and continuing until some time Saturday. At that point, as the server will have moved to a new...ah..."datacenter," it will be back up, probably with a new IP address.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
There have been some complications with the ISP in the new "datacenter." Hopefully the issues will be resolved sometime this week.

Koloss

Weyland-Yutani Corp.
Donator
Reaction score
Hi,

is it possible to be added? My nick is "Feuchtbeule69" :)

Cheers,

Chris

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hi,

is it possible to be added? My nick is "Feuchtbeule69" :)

Cheers,

Chris
I can add you once the server exists again :)

On that note, update from the ISP is that the technician will be out on Friday afternoon. So, the server could be up as early as Friday evening, or more likely some time Saturday. I was correct when I said it would be up Saturday...I just didn't specify WHICH Saturday! :)

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
I just didn't specify WHICH Saturday! :)
And I was going to ask on Sunday which Saturday did you mean, but I saw you didn't visit O-F since the start of the "datacenter" migration, so I assumed ISP/connection problems.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
So, I think the server's up and running now. I say "I think" because I still don't have a computer set up that can actually *run* minecraft. The dynamic map page seems to be sort-of loading, so I guess that's progress.

New details:
IP: 67.182.137.227
Default port (25565)

Dynamic server map: http://67.182.137.227:8123/
I've also updated the first post, and removed the reference to the FSX server while I was at it.
I would certainly appreciate it if people can try it out and let me know if anything is broken.

Feuchtbeule69, I think I added you. I've never had to add someone by UUID before though, so it's possible I screwed it up. Let me know if you're having issues.

It's still Saturday somewhere in the world, right?

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
So, I think the server's up and running now.
Working fine for me.

I noticed some closer chunks loading later than the farther in a few places, but it could be rather caused by my recent switch from Optifine to MCPatcher (which has better compatibility with texture packs and much better support for custom colors, connected textures and semi-transparent glass, only without performance improvements of Optifine).

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Working fine for me as well (better actually). First time connecting in a while and it actually seemed to be smoother. Currently using default textures & config on my old laptop, so that's saying a lot. It actually felt playable on this machine for a change. Going to load Optifine and try getting on again later this evening EDT.

Thanks for keeping it going! This winter I will have more time to be on.

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
Just a note that a new part of Glass Line in orbiterworld_nether is now open between Commune Junction and Richy's Mansion Crossing (halfway between Richy's Mansion and Stevodoria portals). I'll probably start extending it further west on the next weekend, most likely to the pirate ship portal.

Also, I didn't quite like screenshots of the line I took the last time, and that's why I haven't posted any of them. Maybe I'll take some new after I finish the line at the Pirate Ship (or at Far West Jungled Bay).

Richy

VTOL craft Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.richmans-maps.ch.vu
Nice, orb! If you like, you can also construct one of those amazing junctions there. I'm not sure if I can support you somehow with this, but at least I could donate materials if you are in need. :)

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Would anybody be willing to donate a hell of a lot of iron for my mega furnace? When complete it should have 64 furnaces operating simultaneously. I can smelt a chest load of material in about a minute...according to creative tests. The only limit is the hopper pull rate.