Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I'm poking my head in now and then, but seeing no one is ever online puts an upper limit on my motivation to do anything there.

Then again, it's summer holiday season - people are all over the world on vacations. No more long winter evenings to spend on playing games.

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
No time to play, and too little motivation to play anything including FSX, Orbiter and just about anything else.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I was on the server a couple of times in last week (but not longer than for an hour total, I think). I'll be a couple of times in this week, too.

I'm poking my head in now and then, but seeing no one is ever online puts an upper limit on my motivation to do anything there.
This.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
My pirate ship has now a working portal, and a portal room in Nether hanging above a lava lake:

You can get there by the path between Orb's Lighthouse -> Far West Jungled Bay, but go straight instead of turning left when there's a junction.

And there's a Nether fortress end relatively close to it:

I'll extend a bridge from the portal room later to ease access to it.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I guess the server or its Internet access is down at this moment. Neither dynmap doesn't show nor I can't join.

Anyway, I've built a safe bridge to the Nether fortress from the picture in previous post last time I was in, and I'll start making sails on the ship next time I can connect.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I guess the server or its Internet access is down at this moment. Neither dynmap doesn't show nor I can't join.

Felines are quite persistent, aren't they. :/
Teh 1337est of h4x0rz.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Working on it

---------- Post added at 11:55 ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 ----------

Server's back up. Unfortunately there's still no Bukkit for 1.6, so the server's still on 1.5.

As always, let me know if you see anything weird.

jedimaster1214

CDR-LMP-CMP
Reaction score
Does anybody mind if i do some upgrading to the End farm? As it currently stands, endermen can just teleport out and attack you from behind, which is really aggrevating when trying to gain xp.

I want to change the area around the farm to be only two high and covered in water, quite similar to this video:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD3Gefe-3hk"]Minecraft: High Efficiency Xp Farm (Enderman) Tutorial[/ame]
so that this fixes the problem of teleportation, and so on.

If no objections, i already have the necessary materials to start, and will asap :)

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
It's a GO, jedimaster1214.
That was our original plan for the farm anyway, so i don't expect Gerdih to give a NO-GO.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hm?
Civilization in the old world, or raw survival in the new world?

Well, at least for me, raw survival has become boring and repetitive. Get wood, get food, get rocks, make stuff to get other stuff to make more stuff. Once you've made all the stuff, then what? Do it again? What do you do once you've done it a dozen times? Why not make a machine to do it for you? A study in simple machine logic and pushing sheep around with pistons certainly passes the time.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What else is there to do? Raise chickens, create machine to make chickens multiply, world domination via chickens. :hmm:

jedimaster1214

CDR-LMP-CMP
Reaction score
To whomever owns the chests at the end farm i cant remove them. Is there a way the ownership/permissions, or so on could be removed? The chests are set to public, but they're technically not mine so I cant remove them.

EDIT: okay, after orb showed me the /cinfo command, 5 of the chests are owned by Epsilon, and one by Artlav. If there was a way they could be removed, i'd appreciate it :)

Last edited:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
My chest is now clear.

They are all public, so maybe Hielor can just remove the protection?

Richy

VTOL craft Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.richmans-maps.ch.vu
It has been a long time, since I was last time on the server. Now I rejoined, to see what was going on here.

But I was amazed, what wonders you created here. And how far the grip of civilization has reached out in the vastness of this and other worlds. I am impressed by all this creativity, specially named the "air and space museum", the biodomes, the star chamber or sky city.
I starved almost multiple times only with wandering around, sightseeing.

Now my travel boots and a worn down minecart are my best friends.
Thanks to a awe inspiring network of subways and nether shortcuts I saw already a lot. But there's still a lot to see.

I allowed myself to settle in a small hut near the north east end of the city wall in the name of Scruffy the Janitor. So I'll have a base and a few supplies for the forthcoming traveling. ;-)

Thanks a lot Hielor and all the participants. I'll never forget the awe I experienced, when I saw the skycity the first time. It's almost unbelievable that you guys mined, crafted and placed every single block!