Science Higgs Boson found?

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It was probably left over by a neutrino that splattered on the tunnel walls after oversteering in the turn at 1.00001 C... :lol:

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
And we're all still alive ... someone owes me $50.

blane

Deep Space Operator
Reaction score
Well, to be fair, even if the rumors are true, "the evidence is not robust enough to claim an official discovery."

Jarvitä

Reaction score
And we're all still alive ... someone owes me $50.

Ha, I wish I could collect all the internet bets I've made on LHC not destroying the Earth. Technically, I've already won them all when they did the first 7 TeV collision.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Well this is certainly good news. While not near confirmation of the Higgs Boson, they do appear to be in the ballpark with this, and hopefully in a few years we can get confirmation. That would be a huge deal.

Now we need to get some progress on supersymmetry.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Now we need to get some progress on supersymmetry.

or lightsabers....

This is really good, even if its not official news yet...might be the best tuesday in a while!

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
teleportation...think about it :p

i cant really see why the hype is being created. Its about the same as when we found Pluto (look how THAT turned out)

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
teleportation I can assure is not something you ever want to be subjected to.

Think of the movie "The Prestiege" That is what will be required. In other words, bad.

Ark

Reaction score
teleportation I can assure is not something you ever want to be subjected to.

Think of the movie "The Prestiege" That is what will be required. In other words, bad.

Yeah, unless they're taking the actual atoms that make up my body and physically transporting them, count me out. I'm not up for having my ass vaporized and a copy assembled out of a pile of matter somewhere else.

Ark

Reaction score
It's the scariest part of Star Trek, every time you step into the transporter you're committing suicide in the hopes that your copy will complete the mission.

But at least that beats reappearing with your head on backwards...

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
:facepalm: when did we hit spaceballs? ohhhhh.... head on backwards... gotcha!

Edit: :ninja: ed by cras... sneaky....

Last edited:

Keatah

Reaction score
There is an episode of Star Trek where (off-screen, in the past) Starfleet and some scientist did some experiments on a super long-range transporter device. The inventor's son had gone through and ended up in some remote barren section of space with no stars, like a void. And not fully materialized back either. Pretty spooky stuff.

This is not like the few episodes where some crewmembers came out of the transporter phased the wrong way, and invisible. Those were fun episodes because they could walk through walls and spy without being seen.

The episode I'm talking about downright spooky because it happens in far away space and involves wandering essences.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I don't know which is it - sad or funny - that that people take science and technology ideas from movies and TV series and at the same time dare complain about Armageddon physics...