Flight Question How can i accelerate to high speeds?

jjake101

Reaction score
Using Interplanetary 4.2.2 is there a way i can accelerate to 800,000mph (357 632 meters / second) using the delta glider so i can get to mars in just a couple of days?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Using Interplanetary 4.2.2 is there a way i can accelerate to 800,000mph (357 632 meters / second) using the delta glider so i can get to mars in just a couple of days?

have infinite fuel and strong boosters... you would otherwise need 2-3 days to accelerate.

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
and you would likewise need a similar amount of time to decelerate, considering it would probably be rather difficult to manage an aerobraking maneuver at that speed. in the stock DG. I'm guessing the DGIV would explode, but hey, if you're going to have unlimited fuel might as well turn on chicken mode too!

is there a reason why you chose such a specific, seemingly arbitrary velocity?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
If you're looking for fast interplanetary transit, the DGIV is the wrong ship to use. There are plenty of sci-fi ships on Orbit-Hangar with absurd/unrealistic accelerations that you could use for this purpose. The RTF BSG also would've been excellent, but sadly I think it is no longer available.

Scattykat

Reaction score
Why travel at only 0.1% the speed of light when you can pop by to Mars at even faster speeds using Relativistic Warp MFD 1.5? [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4547"]Relativistic Warp MFD 1.5[/ame]

;)