How do you feel about an Orbiquiz Tournament?

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
I've done several orbiquizes in the past, and they always turn out to be fun. We always have a good time. I'm thinking of trying something different, though. I've been thinking of doing an Orbiquiz "Tournament". It will be run like most tournaments are, with the winners moving on and everyone else staying still (So, no losers bracket). Here are my thoughts:

-I collect all the names of people who want to participate. Previous participation not required, so no one has an excuse /not/ to sign up. I will not seed this tournament; instead, when people sign up, they will post their availability.

-Depending on the number of people who sign up, each round of the tournament will have 2 or more participants in it. Only these people can actually speak; any observers (I encourage you to observe) will be silenced.

-The winner of each round will go on to face the winners of other rounds

-The overall winner will be crowned "Orbiquiz Champion".

-Depending on availability, this tournament could be spread over several days. I imagine each round taking about 45 minutes (the last quiz took 1 hour 15, but i'll try to cut down the number of questions), and there might be 3 rounds. I'll figure it out later.

Let me know what you guys think about this. This is NOT the official signup, just a post to see the acceptance of this. Do you like this more or less than the standard Orbiquiz? Let me know!

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm game. Suggest having a second channel for discussion, though. Much of the fun in an Orbiquiz seems to be in the surrounding discussion, on or off topic. Being silenced throughout and not communicating sounds a bit boring.

Pablo49

Reaction score
If you guys aren't afraid of being publicly humiliated as I dominate the quiz, I am down.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Kaito: Just be sure that your internet connection is stable :p

I'm in

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
I'm glad there's some interest. There will definitely be a discussion channel, and I may even keep some unofficial points for the fastest answer :p

I will be sure to have a stable internet connection this time. My wireless card is a little borked, and I'm holding off getting a new one for a bit.

I'll start working on it a little bit. I just wanted to have this topic be out there.