Problem How light up virtual cockpit

leemason

Reaction score
Hello,
I need help My virtual cockpit is to dark and I am trying to light it up like the DG but have not got a clue. Any help would be great, I am using 3ds max.

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
You'll want to set some of your cockpit materials to have "emmisive" settings. These will then "glow in the dark."

leemason

Reaction score
Thanks for the reponse. Can I set my textures to emmissive through the material editor on 3ds max 9

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
make sure you don't just set the materials "emissive" property to 100... the exporter will outright ignore that - change it to color mode and make it 100% white, that oughta do it :thumbup:

leemason

Reaction score
Thank you worked. Now just got to play around with colour so its same as texture:cheers:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Thank you worked. Now just got to play around with colour so its same as texture:cheers:

There is also a second way to do it. You can disable shading for meshgroups in Orbiters mesh files, so they automatically appear as completely illuminated.

leemason

Reaction score
I got the texture glowing in the dark now. However it shows up bright white no matter what I do. How do I keep the orignal texture to light up

---------- Post added 10-12-11 at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was 10-11-11 at 04:24 PM ----------

Really need help here guys can anyone walk me through this with 3ds max 9. I having no joy with orbiter sdk. It has alot of info but noyhing that I need. Any help I know its probably simple but everything is when you know how