Vessel How much information is needed to create a craft for Orbiter?

dehat42

Reaction score
Looking at the thread that listed "low budget TV/Movie craft", I thought of an idea, if someone can do it, of creating some spacecraft from a very interesting book I read in the late 70's, and which I am trying to secure a copy. The book was "Frontiers Of Space" by Philip Bono and Kenneth Gatland. Bono was an engineer with Douglas Aircraft which became McDonnell Douglas in the mid 60's. There are some really nice designs in the book for SSTO spacecraft which use a combustion chamber design which has multiple nozzles around the bottom edge of the craft which were used both for launch and for re-entry. Once I get the book, what kind of information would be needed to create an Orbiter version of the spacecraft?

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Once I get the book, what kind of information would be needed to create an Orbiter version of the spacecraft?

Since they are fictional spacecraft, there isn't really a threshold here. If the information available is the only information they made up, you are free to make up the rest yourself. I.e. the more information given the more you can model the vessel after the template, but nobody's going to be mad or dissapointed if you make reasonable guesses to fill out all the information not provided.