How to cut a cylinder in half using anim8or?

santy86

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am trying to make fairings, and i used anim8or for the very first time. After many tries i made a cylinder with conical shape in front. I cutted longitudinally the mesh in order to obtain a side of the future fairing, But i don't know how to give thickness to the it.

I tried to run it on orbiter and the mesh of the fairing is shown only from the outside part (if you look from the inside, the mesh is transparent)

Can somebody help me in this?

thanks

GregBurch

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am trying to make fairings, and i used anim8or for the very first time. After many tries i made a cylinder with conical shape in front. I cutted longitudinally the mesh in order to obtain a side of the future fairing, But i don't know how to give thickness to the it.

I tried to run it on orbiter and the mesh of the fairing is shown only from the outside part (if you look from the inside, the mesh is transparent)

Can somebody help me in this?

thanks

You need to make the mesh 2-sided. There are basically two approaches to this. You can either select "2-sided" within Animator. or, more realistically, you can use the little U-shaped tool down in the lower left of the toolbar on the right to "extrude" the shape into three dimensions. This will give depth to the mesh, but does add to the polygon load.

GB

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I wish I knew this before but I still have to say thanks as well! ;)