Project Hubble Reboost

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So I was working on a tether vessel where you attach a mesh and moves just like the STS2016 guys do. All you need is a mesh

barrygolden

Reaction score
This really a super addon maybe look at the body position of the EVA guy sand, and the helmet, multipal EVA guys but looks super. The dragon would need handholds for the EVA guys to be able replace the gyros..
Any thoughts about doing a Dragon Moon lander replace the little wings with small Falcon 9 fold down legs, some of these EVA guys to walk on the moon Some way it has a ladder and a small mesa pack to fold down It would need a space tug to get it into LOI and no nose cone so it could dock with a Deep Space Crewed Dragon . The Lunar Dragon would use the Deep Space engine in the trunk to do the deoribit burn and the Dracos to do the landing burn and start the lift off burn . It could be reusable with a cargo ship to bring fuel and suplies to it or dock with the gateway if you want

Attachments

• Space suit.1.png
    Space suit.1.png
    421.6 KB · Views: 8
  • aaaa.png
    aaaa.png
    382.9 KB · Views: 8

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I did a lunar lander dragon a while ago. I made it with a hatch, that goes through the bottom of the capsule and trunk ( no need for a heat shield).
LadderClimb.jpgLunarDragon.jpg

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Was thinking about the astronauts. It would be cool if the arms could be made into robotic arms like the SSRMS, and operate the hands like end effectors. That way you could maneuver them to reach and grab things like tools, handholds, etc.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Nice. My space shuttle guys use a pop out window and you can move the joints and grap things with both hands.

But If you want the kinetic movement. That is another thing

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Kinetic movement is what I was referring to.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Kinetic movement is what I was referring to.
Yes. that would be nice. I was able to get the translate part to work on the sts2016 rms. But not the rotation. I am not sure if the code for the SSRMS is available.

Do we want to try to the translation part for an arm? basically the same as the rms few joints

barrygolden

Reaction score
I did a lunar lander dragon a while ago. I made it with a hatch, that goes through the bottom of the capsule and trunk ( no need for a heat shield).
View attachment 36544View attachment 36545
Oh Wow !!! your way ahead of me. Looks like the one on the left would do the LOI burn then separate and the one on the right do the landing. the one on the left could also be the cargo ship to refuel the lander at the gateway. The lander looks like it would be cheap enough to fly a new one each mission during the early Artemis flights. It doesn't look big enough to carry the flex rover but it could carry a small ALSEP to the surface and some tools gattis has already done . Another lander would be needed to land the Flex or LTV and a lander could carry an inflatable hab for a lunar base. gattis has done a lot of the stuff you see when watching the Flex videos. the coupala window would be carried in the side hatch

barrygolden

Reaction score
Artemis 3 could be done with this and after landing deploy the ALSEP and use the tools stored in boxes below the ladder then dock with the Deep Space dragon to fly home. Artemis 4 was too be a Gateway mission
Atremis 5 C "cargo" would land two Flex rovers with the power stations and Moon base supplies useing Alpaca on an SLS or Falcon Heavy then Artemis 5 would have 4 astronaunts for a 2 week stay to explore the landing site and find a good spot for the Moon base then back too the gateway and then back home in a deep Space dragon
Artemis 6 C might deliver the Moon Base Hab module on a Streached Alpaca Aretemis 6 Crew of 4 would off load the hab using 2 Flex rovers.

Attachments

• abab.png
    abab.png
    737.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Astrplab with new hab.png
    Astrplab with new hab.png
    658.7 KB · Views: 5
  • lunarinstrument[64036].jpg
    lunarinstrument[64036].jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 5
  • cargo lander 2.jpg
    cargo lander 2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 5
  • advancedcenter[41766].jpg
    advancedcenter[41766].jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 4

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The landers are the same vehicle, one just has the shroud to cover the legs and the nose cone for launch.

barrygolden

Reaction score
I was thinking about the Space X EVA Moon or Mars suit and relly like this suit but replace the helmet with the one from the Martian Movie

Attachments

• 2e4d72547f01e1c4d856c036b7af71c1.jpg
    2e4d72547f01e1c4d856c036b7af71c1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 3
  • cfe91f11d6deeeefa90d9a16d9b9301c.jpg
    cfe91f11d6deeeefa90d9a16d9b9301c.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 3
  • maxresdefault (1).jpg
    maxresdefault (1).jpg
    95 KB · Views: 3
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg