Reaction score
Been there !!

Mustard

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.mustard-fr.com
Absolutly, The S an dP are identicals, this letter design only the side of the ISS.
for the addon, because it's a DLL you will can rename the module like you want in the scenario file

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Well, how are things going with this? Sorry to again be crude or trying to hurry things, but you guy's have done such a great job that I am eager to try it.

Russ_H

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
update

We are in clean up and debugging mode it is almost done. Mustard and I want to release this with the p5 end piece so it is usable.

I don't know when the release date will be, but for the most part we are done.

As soon as all the bugs are worked out we will release.

Russ

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
We are in clean up and debugging mode it is almost done. Mustard and I want to release this with the p5 end piece so it is usable.

I don't know when the release date will be, but for the most part we are done.

As soon as all the bugs are worked out we will release.

Russ

Nice to hear!

Tachyon

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hey Russ and Mustard ... not being a coder I'm not sure if this would be relevant but here is goes. Re the FPS hit due to large number of manipulated parts ... how about only manipulate the first 5-10 panel segments as they're pulled from the compressed state. Imagine a long narrow box where the segments are all stored. You grab on to the first segment and lift. Not every segment moves at once .. 90% of them are static in the box. Only the first several are moving from a parallel stacked state to a nearly perpendicular extended state. This way you'd only be manipulating a much smaller fraction of the parts. Now, how that translates into code is up to you coders. But couldn't you say something like bend 3 degrees until you're at x degree to your neighbor. If you trigger that at regular intervals for each segment, the #1 segment would finish about the time #10 was starting. Eventually all would be extended. Does this make any sense?

Mustard

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.mustard-fr.com
P5 is finished, see this picture in the shuttlebay and on the solar module P3P4.
Note that the beta of P3P4 is delayed.

p5a10.jpg

p5b10.jpg

Mustard

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.mustard-fr.com
My station with old solar panels "Solaris"

celest10.jpg

My station with news solar panel "P4/P5"

celest29.jpg

Module P5 beetween 2 P4 (module with SARJ). Module without SARJ (P6) is not create

temp314.jpg

Status of this projet: in waiting of debug from RussH.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Looks amazing. Any ideas on a release date? :)

jgrillo2002

Conservative Pioneer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
When its done. they do not know what the release date is. something might have happened to Russ that really pushed this addon alot. give them a break:(

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi all,
looks like I've got the job of finishing off the .dll coding for this project, since poor RussH has had enough/got burnt out/moved on to other things.
Having seen how much work Russ has already done, I kind of understand!
And let me say he's done an outstanding job optimizing the mesh, coding the animations, etc. and his meticulous code annotation has made my job a lot easier.Thanks Russ!

I'll just be adding a few "bells and whistles" such as sun-tracking, rotating attachment points (for attaching P5,P6,etc.), and hopefully minimizing the fps hit during deployment of the panels.

However, I'm no ISS expert, so here's a couple of questions for anyone who knows...

1. Duration of deployment of panels?
2. Are the panels stowable after deployment? (I guess yes, since the P6 arrays are stowed before relocation)
3. compatibility with other add-ons - at the moment, the P3/P4 truss has a "docking port" for attaching it to the rest of the ISS - should I add an "attachment point" for this purpose also? Any other compatibility issues?

Thanks. I hope to have this finished by the end of the month.

Cheers,
Brian

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
Hi Brian.

Firstly, I'm glad to see this thing is moving again:)

Second, as far as compatibility goes:
I have spoken to Mustard, and he has agreed to let the ISSU project use these solar arrays. He will do the entire truss structure for the ISSU project. The ISSU project plans to make an ISS that actually generates/stores/uses/depletes power. Solar tracking was one of our wishes, but I don't know what else would be needed in order for the arrays to actually generate & send power to the batteries. ISSU was going to design things like MFD's that give you info on the positions of the arrays, that can be used inside the ISS interior.

Let me know if there's any more info you need, if any. I don't know anything about coding, so it's all new to me:)

-Pete

Mustard

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.mustard-fr.com
Yes, BrianJ will resume the work of Russ. BrianJ worked with me with Soyuz pad and i'm very happy that he accepted to do this.
For yours questions
1) for radiators you can see it on this video, it's around 1mn
for solar panels it's 3mn
It's very long so it's better if we accelerate the deployment for the addon.

2) Yes the penal can be stowed , and it' was use when the first solar panel was moves to a other place on ISS. and during the redeployment the foil was ripped and it required a EVA's reparation.

For the project ISSU, like i said to Pete, i want to finish this addon before to start it because i promised it for all people for theirs personals station. In a first time we will include it in ISSU of course, but i will perhaps do a new (more detailled and realistic) for this project if i have time.