New Release Interplanetary Modular Spacecraft RC9

Inksoull

Reaction score
Where can I find meshes for the J-2XIM Rocket Engine? Are they just those meshes I noticed in one of the earlier posts renamed?

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
Where can I find meshes for the J-2XIM Rocket Engine? Are they just those meshes I noticed in one of the earlier posts renamed?

The link in my signature contains configs, meshes and textures for all the 'official' IMS modules including J-2XIM. You can download it and unpack into Orbiter folder.

Dantassii

HUMONGOUS IMS shipbuilder
Reaction score
Some IMS 1.0 screen captures

Here are some screen captures of my SSTV and Lunar Station.

SSTV (unintegrated) docked to the ISS with frame rate, demonstrating 18 FPS is possible even with 1670+ modules using D3D9. This same picture in RC 2.3 using the default Orbiter 2010 has frame rates around 8-9 FPS.

picture.php

Closeup on the ISS with the part of the SSTV that can be seen at this level of Zoom:

picture.php

Lunar Station with the Earth and Moon in the background. I also captured the FPS in this picture using RC 6. With RC 2.3 under default Orbiter, the FPS was around 8-12.

picture.php

Detail zoom in showing the under-construction refueling tankage of the Lunar Station:

picture.php

Pretty much the same as the first picture only with F9 turned on. This picture more than anything else shows the difference between RC 2.3/D3D7 and RC 6/D3D9. In RC 2.3/D3D7 the frame rate with F9 turned on is MUCH LESS than 1 FPS. You can see for yourself what the FPS is with RC 6/D3D9.

picture.php

Dantassii

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Constructive criticism:

- I think you would need to use trusses for large structures. I've seen them in almost every station / large spacecraft project illustration.

- Your structures would make nice surface bases / outposts. Have you considered it?

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Here's the scenario:

There's something wrong with the temperature entries:

Code:
 TEMPERATURES -1:298.00:273.15

Now that I looked at other scenarios, they contain similar errors, but they don't result in a crash. This sure is a bug to fix, but I can't guarantee that it's what's causing your CTD.

Dantassii

Reaction score
Hab ring problem in RC6

I'm using the non-SSBB Hab rings on my SSTV and I have 5 of them stacked 1 against another. Now that I've integrated it, I'm having problems with the 5th ring. 3 of the 4 Hab modules on that ring refuse to turn on. I push the button and it ignores me. They do allow me to turn on the heater.. but they refuse to turn on. Also, the 5th hab hub refuses to start rotating. It also lets me turn on the heater, but the turn-on button just ignores me when I click on it.

The last time I integrated this ship using RC2.3 I was able to get all 5 rings to turn on and heat and rotate, so either something has gotten corrupted in my scenario file (possibly quite likely) or something is broke elsewhere that wasn't before.

If you want, I can throw together a 'simplier' ship and see if I can duplicate this issue with a control module and 5 hab rings and nothing else. If I can't duplicate it with that, then there's more than likely something corrupted in my scenario file post-integration (or it was corrupted during integration).

Anything else you can suggest that I try?

Dantassii

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Dunno, during my tests all centrifuges worked flawlessly (much to my surprise), though I didn't try bringing the habs online, though...

Dantassii

Reaction score
Dunno, during my tests all centrifuges worked flawlessly (much to my surprise), though I didn't try bringing the habs online, though...

I had no problems with integrations either, except when I went too fast. It was only when I tried to bring them online that I ran into problems. The fact that I didn't have any problems many months ago when I brought them online in an earlier version of the SSTV leads me to believe that there might be something wrong with the Scenario file that has nothing to do with IMS or the modules.

Dantassii

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sorry to ask this question, as I know it was answered before, but I cant find where it was answered right now. At what rates do crew consume food/water/O2 in IMS?

Last edited:

goaowonk

mnlaflojalee
Reaction score
I have abandoned this a little :facepalm:

Could you make me a quick summary since corrupted update to RC3?

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Could you make me a quick summary since corrupted update to RC3?

It's all in the changelog at the bottom of the first post.

RC7 is pending, but I'm somewhat overworked this month, so it'll probably have to wait for november.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If nothing else pops up, only the problem I noticed with saving the thermal state.

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
If nothing else pops up, only the problem I noticed with saving the thermal state.

I was thinking lately about stuff, and I suddenly realized that if someone steal my notebook and then run Orbiter to find what this strange red icon is about, he will not understand what to do with it because my latest scenario consists of a sealed IMS vessel which has absolutely empty pilot panel, and that person will never understand the true potential of Orbiter and IMS both because he would never manage to read manual BEFORE making his judjement that Orbiter/IMS is a confusing piece of :censored:. And since I am a true believer in learning by doing (and I also realize that many users will be too lazy to start playing with IMS by reading its manual) I ask you to add something like [PRESS CTRL+DOWN TO GET TO ENGINEERING PANEL] message on a pilot panel of sealed IMS vesssel.

:uhh:

---------- Post added at 20:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:34 ----------

Here's another case of interstellar kick-out:

http://yadi.sk/d/JFEljDTRBCx7L

When I start this scenario I can see the first frame to be correct: IMS vessel under construction, two XR-5s docked to it, Earth on the background. If I make Orbiter to start paused I can even do things in this frame like deleting stuff and so on. In the next frame I find myself elsewhere - you know what I mean. If I start paused this happens when I turn the pause off.
If I delete XR-5s in the first frame, kick-out happens anyway. If i delete any part of IMS assembly I'm getting CTD instead.

:shrug:

It happens both under D3D9 and inline client. Turning off modules in launchpad doesn't help too. I suspect it's something to do with cargo holders/general cargo containers, but I'm not sure. Maybe it's Airdocks. Or pretty much anything else...

---------- Post added 20-10-13 at 00:14 ---------- Previous post was 19-10-13 at 20:51 ----------

Bingo! The problem appears when you save an IMS vessel with modules attached but not integrated yet. If integration is incomplete when saving, the only way to prevent the bug to appear at startup is to manually deattach all the attached modules.

Last edited:

Furet

Reaction score
Did something change with the boosters? I can't make them work like RC2. I'm using RC6 and PeterRoss' Ultimate Pack.
It seems possible to integrate them now (as far as I remember they could be only attached with RC2). So far they're not shown in the Booster MFC, integrated or attached only.

I don't know if many of you are using the boosters, but I find them very useful for ejection with low accel vessels.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Did something change with the boosters? I can't make them work like RC2. I'm using RC6 and PeterRoss' Ultimate Pack.
It seems possible to integrate them now (as far as I remember they could be only attached with RC2). So far they're not shown in the Booster MFC, integrated or attached only.

I don't know if many of you are using the boosters, but I find them very useful for ejection with low accel vessels.

I could never figure them out either, but maybe that was the problem. When I went to try to explain them in the IMS User guide, I always found the same problems.

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
Made several tests with boosters. Don't forget that you can only use second booster's docking port to attach the booster to a stack. You can't integrate it, and it appears on the Boosters MFC, can be armed and ignited. And here is where the worst thing happens: it's that black hole again (it's rather a black hole and not just interstellar space since no geometry parameters are correct here), and CTD follows shortly. Can anyone reproduce the black hole effect on this one and on previously reported bug?
I suspect these two bugs are connected with each other since it's attachment points involved in both cases.

Furet

Reaction score
...You can't integrate it, and it appears on the Boosters MFC...

:hmm:
The boosters are correctly stacked with the second dock, and I can integrate them. They do not apear on the Booster MFC and are named "Unknown" in the modules list. If the vessel is finalised it always finishes in a CTD.

I'm not 100% sure I did everything correctly with RC6, but I tried again with a backup of my RC2 install and it works flawlessly so far...

-------Edit-------
Finally no crash with a finalised vessel. The booster is just integrated like any other IMS module.
Boosters.JPG
I can't reproduce the black hole bug since the boosters still do not appear on the Booster MFC, whatever I'm doing...

Last edited: